Crusted Lamb chops with curry. Green Curry-Crusted Rack of Lamb This is the first time that I've cooked rack of lamb with a spice mixture other than salt and pepper in the sous vide. This green curry-crusted lamb was delicious and I will definitely be using similar spice rubs for other pieces of meat cooked sous vide in the future. Brush with melted ghee or olive oil.
Season chops with salt and pepper. Place lamb chops in a non-metal casserole dish and pour marinade over the chops. Heat a large heavy pan (we prefer cast iron) over high heat. You can have Crusted Lamb chops with curry using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crusted Lamb chops with curry
- Prepare 4-5 of lamb chops.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of haldi powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of garam msala powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 cup of mint coriander leaves chopped.
- Prepare 2 of onions finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies chopped.
- You need 2 of eggs beaten.
- It’s 4 cups of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of oil as required.
- Prepare 2-3 of white onions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need of water as required.
Place lamb in a roasting dish. Mix together breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and pesto in a bowl, ensuring well combined. Using hands, press the breadcrumb mixture over lamb racks. Make the curry paste by combining all ingredients in a food processor and blitzing until a paste forms.
Crusted Lamb chops with curry instructions
- In a pressure cooker add the lamb chops,ginger garlic paste, salt, haldi powder, garam masala powder & 3-4 cups water. close lid & cook for 10-12 whistles. wait for pressure to go & remove the lid. chk the mutton pieces if it's done. if still raw add more water & cook for few more minutes. cook until is mutton is tender. remove the mutton pieces form the stock in a separate dish. & keep the stock aside..
- Beat eggs in a bowl. place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. dip the mutton pieces in eggs & roll them in breadcrumbs. repeat the procedure for all the remaining pieces. keep them in refrigerator for 10-12 mints..
- For mutton curry: meanwhile in a heavy bottom vessel heat oil. add the onions & cook till translucent. add tomato puree, mutton stock, green chillies, red chilli powder & mint coriander leaves. simmer powder & mint coriander leaves. simmer gravy for few minutes. is chk for salt. turn off the heat & keep aside.(add water according to ur desired consistency).
- In another pan heat sufficient oil for frying. once hot deep fry the bread coated mutton chops until golden brown.
- Garnish with mint coriander leaves in a serving dish. serve hot with mutton curry & sauteed white onions..
Taste and adjust flavour as needed adding more salt, acid or sweetness if desired. Place the lamb chops onto a large plate. Spread the curry paste over the entire surface of the lamb chops. Let the chops marinate at least one hour to overnight. In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium high heat.