Aviyal. Aviyal (avial) is a delicious preparation made with mixed vegetables, curd, coconut and seasoned with coconut oil and curry leaves. It occupies an important place in Kerala cuisine and is a must for Onam Sadya. Today let us learn how to make Aviyal (avial) Kerala style using this easy Aviyal recipe.
Grind together till it becomes a smooth paste, add more water if it's too thick. how to make udupi style aviyal recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. basically a coconut based curry which is typically served with boiled rice or plain steam rice. avial recipe is prepared during auspicious occasions and is a must delicacy during 'sadya', a vegetarian feast of kerala. Central Travancore has a slightly different variety of avial with its thin gravy whereas the classical avial is thick. You can have Aviyal using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aviyal
- You need 100 gms of cucumber.
- It’s 100 gms of bottle guard.
- You need 1 of brinjal(small).
- Prepare 100 gms of carrot.
- You need 1/2 of Drumstick.
- It’s 50 gms of yam.
- It’s 25 gms of cluster beans.
- Prepare 1 of raw banana/plantain.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare As per taste of Salt.
- You need For of grinding-.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Coconut.
- You need 6 of green chillies.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need As per taste of Salt.
Generally, only crisp vegetables are used in avial.. Aviyal or Avial is a traditional Kerala side dish of mixed vegetables served with rice. An essential component to an Onam Sadya (traditional vegetarian banquet or buffet) that's quite easy to make. In fact I was quite happy after making this dish.
- Chop all the vegetables in thick strips.In a heavy bottomed vessel boil half cup water..
- First add in yam and cluster beans in the boiling water add in salt when it is partially cooked add in all the other veggies and close the lid and let the veggies cook in medium flame..
- Meanwhile for grinding add in coconut green chillies cumin in a mixer and grind into coarse paste..
- When the veggies are cooked spread the coarse paste as a layer over the veggies. Add in salt and tamarind paste to the coarse paste close the lid and let in cook in medium flame for 5 mins..
- After 5 min open the lid and mix well so that the masala gets coated well with the veggies and saute in low flame for 3 min..
- Switch off the flame.Sprinkle the coconut oil for top and close the lid.It gives more aroma to the dish.Kerala delicacy Aviyal is ready.sadhya.Pairs well with sambar,Dhal and rasam..
Aviyal is a traditional dish of the South Indian state of KERALA. This is a stew made of a variety of vegetables coconut and yoghurt. This is one dish that is mandatory while serving sadya (traditional celebration meal) along with saambaar, rasam, thoran etc. In the northern part of Kerala this dish is made with yoghurt but in the southern part it is cooked with tamarind juice. avial recipe with step by step photos. avial also called as aviyal is our favorite recipe made from mix vegetables, coconut and curd. avial is a traditional recipe of kerala and an essential dish of sadya. the recipe shared here is the traditional method of making avial. Aviyal is a very famous Kerala Dish made using vegetables and fresh coconut paste.