Vasilopita croissant. Vasilopita, or Greek New Year's Bread, is a sweet yeasted egg bread scented with orange and traditionally served on New Year's day. A coin is hidden inside and whoever gets it has good luck for. Vasilopita is a sweet Greek New Year's bread.
An authentic traditional Greek It's called a "Vasilopita". Those who follow the tradition strictly hide a golden lira coin in the bottom of the. Taking part in E-vasilopita, we share our attention, time — one of the most expensive resources in our life today! You can have Vasilopita croissant using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vasilopita croissant
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of dry yeast.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of lukewarm milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of candied cherries, cut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of walnuts, coarsely cut.
- You need 1/3 cup of soft butter.
At this moment we make this world better and kinder! Καλή τύχη σε όλους! Vasilopita is a Greek New Year's cake with a coin or a trinket baked inside of it. The cake is enriched with a sweet flavoring, symbolizing the sweetness and joy of life and hope that the New Year will be. La vasilopita (vassilopita) è una torta greca preparata in occasione di Capodanno, per San Basilio La vasilopita è un dolce tipico delle feste ed anche se nella maggior parte dei casi essa viene.
Vasilopita croissant step by step
- Mix the flour with the yeast, the sugar and the salt in a large bowl..
- Make a well in the center and add the lukewarm milk, one egg and the yolk of the second egg..
- Knead by pulling in the flour from the sides, little by little.
- Until you have a soft dough..
- Cover the dough and leave it to rest for 5'..
- In the meantime, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cherries and walnuts in a bowl. Set them aside..
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts..
- Roll out each part into a thick sheet of 30 cm diameter..
- Place the first sheet into a non-stick backing tray. Spread half of the soft butter onto its surface and sprinkle with half of the walnut mixture..
- Now place the second sheet, spread the rest of the butter on it and sprinkle with the remaining walnut mixture..
- Top with the third sheet and place a small plate of 5 cm diameter on its center (in the photo it's a cookie cutter of that particular diameter)..
- Using a sharp knife cut 16 pieces, starting from the plate towards the circumferance..
- Remove the small plate..
- Twist each piece, spirally, turning it 3 times..
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave it to rise for 15-40 minutes or as much as it takes until it doubles..
- Beat the egg white lightly with a tsp of sugar and brush the top of the vasilopita..
- Bake at 180°C for about 25 minutes until golden brown. When it cools, decorate the center with sweet cherries..
Vasilopita pronounced vah-see-LO-pee-tah Vasilopita is not only cut in families, businesses, clubs, associations and ministries all have vasilopites that they cut during the first few weeks of the year. Chocolate Croissant Recipe Chocolate Recipes Mini Croissants Brioche Recipe Desserts With Biscuits Donuts Cuisine Diverse Cooking Bread Food Obsession. Get the recipe for Greek New Year's Bread (Vasilopita) »Matt Taylor-Gross. The Vasilopita tradition has its roots in the life of St Basil the Great." (Fragment of the book "Monastic Pastry and Other Recipes" written by Archimandrite Demetrios Kavvadias). Vasilopita sau prajitura Sfantului Vasile este o prajitura gustoasa, usor de preparat, cu specific grecesc.