Poached pollock with brown butter and peas. For the mushy peas, measure the peas in a jug. Nutty brown butter and tart fresh lemon complement arctic char's rich flavor, and the accompanying shiitake and sugar snap peas add texture and earthy sweetness. Stir the lemon juice into the butter and set aside.
With small quantities like this, a regular blender tends to splatter the ingredients all over the lid and nothing ends. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Browned butter is a real game changer. You can have Poached pollock with brown butter and peas using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Poached pollock with brown butter and peas
- Prepare 4 of deboned, skinless pollock fillets.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of salted butter.
- Prepare 1 of small shallot, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen sweet peas.
- It’s of Smoked salt flakes.
- You need of Lemon wedges.
Melt the butter on medium I halved the recipe for smaller portions. The acid of the capers and lemon zest balance the richness of the browned butter and elevate this. Pollock is one of the most versatile fishes when it comes to preparation and recipes. It's snow-white in color, and has a delicate flavor that soaks Baked pollock with lemon is a classic preparation.
Poached pollock with brown butter and peas instructions
- Fill a medium saute pan with about 1 in. of neutral oil. Carefully lay the pollock into the oil and turn the heat to medium. Once you see a steady stream of tiny bubbles floating to the surface, take the pan off the heat..
- Add the butter and shallot to a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. While you wait for the butter to brown, move on to Step 3..
- Lay the frozen peas out in a single layer on a plate. Microwave the peas in 20 second bursts until they're just warmed through..
- Check the butter sauce. Once the foaming slows and the butter reaches a caramel colour, carefully transfer the pollock from the saute pan to the butter sauce. Spoon some of the melted butter over the fillets, but don't flip them. Let the fish sit for 1 minute, then carefully transfer the fillets to a plate. Pour the brown butter over top..
- Sprinkle the peas onto the plate. Sprinkle a little smoked salt onto each fillet. Serve with the lemon wedges..
Serve rice with a poached or sunny-side up egg on top for a meatless meal. Steamed Chinese Vegetables with Brown Rice. Brown butter can be used anywhere you'd use butter, including spreading on toast, topping pancakes, making pie crust, roasting vegetables, baking cookies, adding to hot buttered rums, adding to more butter, making into a sauce for vegetables, eating with a Pasta with Brown Butter and Fried Sage. Want to try a new pasta recipe? This Ravioli with Brown Butter & Spinach Recipe from GoodHousekeeping.com is super easy.