Chocolate croissant. Place the chocolate on the edge of the dough and roll tightly enclosing it in the dough. Place the croissants on a baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with the other half of the dough.
Place warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer. The chocolate croissants will rise and proof at room temperature and continue to do so in the refrigerator. After this time, they'll be a little more puffy and ready to bake. You can have Chocolate croissant using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate croissant
- Prepare 250 gms of flour.
- It’s 25 gms of sugar.
- Prepare 25 gms of croma/blueband.
- Prepare 4 gms of salt.
- Prepare 150 ml of milk.
- It’s 7 gms of dry yeast.
- It’s 4 gms of bread improver (optional).
- Prepare 2 of Part.
- You need 140 gms of pastry margarine / unsalted butter.
Like I said before, there's absolutely nothing better than a homemade fresh croissant. Place tablespoon of chocolate chips on wide end of each triangle. Roll up, starting at shortest side of triangle, rolling to opposite point. This light, flaky French-style croissant roll is filled with delicious chocolate.
Chocolate croissant step by step
- Make a dough with all the ingredients except the pastry margarine and allow it to double in size in a warm place.
- Knock down and roll the dough into a rectangle about 5mm thickand cover one half of the dough.
- Give it the first single turn and let rest 20-30 minutes.
- Proceed to give two more single turns allowing between each turn same. Time 20-30mins..
- Roll paste and cut into two strips.
- Cut this into triangles.
- Starting at the base add some chocolate roll up the triangle tightly to form into a crescent 🌙 shape and place on a greased baking tray.
- Let it rise in a warm place, brush with egg wash and bake till golden brown.
Perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch, and special enough for entertaining! To reduce the 'day of' preparation time, make the dough and refrigerate the unbaked rolls overnight. Our handmade croissants have a delicate flaky texture, buttery taste and irresistible aroma. Filled with fine chocolate from renowned Belgian chocolatier Callebaut. Place the chocolate croissants on a lined baking tray and paint with the beaten egg.