Croissant. Borrowed from French croissant ("crescent"), present participle of croître ("to grow"). Doublet of crescent. (UK) IPA(key): /ˈk(ɹ)wæsɒ̃/, /ˈk(ɹ)wʌsɒ̃/, /ˈk(ɹ)wɑːsɒ̃/. (US) IPA(key): /kɹəˈsɑnt/, /kɹwɑˈsɑ̃/. (US). From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. le croissant m, Существительное. croissant / croissants.
Examples of croissant in a Sentence. Recent Examples on the Web There's a reason home cooks don't make croissants every day. Croissant definition: Croissants are small, sweet bread rolls in the shape of a crescent that are eaten for. You can cook Croissant using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Croissant
- You need 300 gms of Flour (maida).
- Prepare 1 -1/2 teaspoon of Yeast.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Sugar.
- It’s 150 gms of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 100 ml – 150 ml of Warm milk.
Define croissant. croissant synonyms, croissant pronunciation, croissant translation, English dictionary definition of croissant. n. A rich, crescent-shaped roll of leavened dough or puff pastry. De délicieux croissants maison pour le petit-déjeuner, croustillants et moelleux ! Un vrai régal pour bien commencer la journée.
- Take 2 tablespoons of warm milk and add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Stir it nicely and add in the yeast. Leave it aside in a warm place for 1/2 an hour..
- In a bowl take the flour and add salt. Mix and then add the yeast mixture. Use the leftover warm milk to knead a soft dough out of it. Cling wrap the bowl and leave it in a warm place for 45 mins..
- Take out the dough to a floured surface and knock out the air out of it. Knead it for a while and then roll it using a rolling pin. Spread the butter (30- 35 gms each time). Fold the rolled dough in half and apply butter again..
- Repeat step 2 until all the butter is used, by rolling and folding the dough again and again.
- Now place the dough inside the bowl and cling wrap it. Put it in the fridge for atleast 24 hours..
- Take out the dough and roll out a big circle out of it. Cut it into slices just like how we cut a pizza..
- The triangular slice is then wrapped starting from the edge towards the centre. Place it in a baking tray. And again left to proof for half an hour..
- Pre heat the oven (200 degrees celsius). Bake the croissant at 200 degrees for 10 mins. Lower the temperature to 140 degrees and bake it for 10 more minutes..
- Take out the croissant out of the oven and brush it with butter and dust it with powdered sugar..
Top with two slices of thick. A croissant is a type of pastry, classically made with puff pastry dough so that it is light, flaky, and extremely buttery. Croissants are crescent-shaped French pastries which may be made from leavened or unleavened puff pastry dough. Croissants and other French pastries are very popular in Morocco. Information and translations of croissant in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.