No bake carrot/almond balls. Tender, naturally sweetened carrot cake bites with dates, carrots, nuts, and coconut! The base for these bites is medjool dates, walnuts, and fresh grated carrot. To help the mixture form and add more natural sweetness, I opted for coconut flour (almond flour will also work.
The Best Carrot Balls Recipes on Yummly Soft and sweet, no-bake Carrot Cake Energy Balls made with all HEALTHY stuff are perfect snack or dessert. These yummy energy bites are flavored with fresh ginger and well balanced with plant-based proteins, healthy fats, fibers, and essential nutrients. You can have No bake carrot/almond balls using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No bake carrot/almond balls
- It’s 1 cup of Blanched almond meal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut, shredded.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of cream cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of granulated sugar or low carb sweetener.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg.
These carrots balls have been very popular in our house last few months. They are go-to treat in the afternoon. I usually double the batch, freeze half of it and keep the other in the fridge. The dough will stick together as you roll.
No bake carrot/almond balls instructions
- Add all the ingredients together in a food processor and mix until combined..
- Form balls of 1 tbsp size pressed with your hands. Put in the fridge for about 30 minutes to get them to the firm..
- Tip: Firstly, I cut the carrots and grated them before in the food processor, took me 2 mins. Secondly, I soaked the almonds for about two hours and peeled off the skin, dried them and chopped them in the food processor separately coz I didn't have the blanched almond flour. You could always get it from the store. Thirdly, I used regular granulated sugar, but if you want to make it extra healthy you can always use low-carb sweetener (erythritol)..
- You can also do a coating of coconut once you form the balls..
Just like other energy ball recipes, these little carrot cake bites are made in your food processor. If you haven't read our Ultimate Guide for how to make energy balls, check it out because we outline it step-by-step BUT for all intents and purposes, let's peep the I've been making green tea with almond milk. They will keep for one week in an airtight container stored in the refrigerator. The other day, I made these carrot no bake energy bites that turned out so delicious! Need a break from whipped cream?