Sautéed Turnip Greens with Crispy Bacon and Turnip Bottoms. Turnip greens are one of the South's favorite vegetables. Serve these delicious greens and their 'potlikker' with freshly baked cornbread. The diced turnip root adds color, flavor, and texture to the greens.
I knew they had to be done fairly quickly. I heated up my skillet, drizzled a bit of olive oil in the bottom and got busy peeling my onion. Collard greens sliced thin sauteed with bacon, garlic and oil. You can cook Sautéed Turnip Greens with Crispy Bacon and Turnip Bottoms using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sautéed Turnip Greens with Crispy Bacon and Turnip Bottoms
- It’s 1 bunch of Turnip greens.
- It’s 2 slice of of bacon.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 small of turnip peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1 small of onion sliced.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
A perfect side dish for Brazilian black beans or black eyed peas with ham. If you have collard greens and don't know what do with them, another dish I love is Kenyan Braised Collard Greens with Ground Beef, known as Sukuma Wiki. Transform those bland bitter greens into a delicious masterpiece with this quick and easy recipe from the Spice King Keith Lorren. Fresh turnip greens and turnips are a cold weather delight.
Sautéed Turnip Greens with Crispy Bacon and Turnip Bottoms instructions
- In cast iron skillet fry bacon crisp and remove set aside, then add turnip slices to bacon drippings brown on each side adding onions until translucent.remove and set aside.
- Lower heat add olive oil and chopped turnip greens sauté until tender. Return turnips, onion and bacon to skillet season with salt and pepper. Serve hot..
We'll visit our North Carolina State Without the salting and curing process, it doesn't add seasoning flavor to the greens like Bacon or … When the greens and turnips are done, use a slotted spoon and scoop them out into a serving bowl. Japanese baby turnips are tender, sweet, and juicy as can be. Wash leafy greens and turnips well. The Best Seasoning Turnip Greens Recipes on Yummly Mashed Turnip Greens, Southern Turnip Greens, Mom's Turnip Greens & Rice.