Tender Ricotta Meatballs/Meatloaf.
You can have Tender Ricotta Meatballs/Meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tender Ricotta Meatballs/Meatloaf
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 lb of Meat. i use a mixture of veal, and lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of ricotta.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of of tomatoe sauce of your choice.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste..
- It’s 1/2 large of red or yellow onion, or one whole small onion.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of tomatoe paste, use to spread on the outside halfway through cooking if making meatloaf only..
- You need 1 large of shredded or finely dice carrot.
- You need 8 of 8+ cloves of garlic, depends on your liking i usually do 10..
Tender Ricotta Meatballs/Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil, sauteed garlic until golden, be sure not to burn. Transfer to plate, and mash to render flavor while cooking. . Add onion, Saute until clear. Add carrots cook until soft.
- In a big mixing bowl combine meats with sauteed veggies, eggs, parsley, garlic, tomatoe sauce, cheeses, and season with salt & pepper don't overwork the meat, just mix until blended..
- Shape into meatballs, or if making meatloaf, shape into a loaf..
- If making meatballs, and sauce place in sauce upon simmering point. To bake roll into meatballs, bake for 20-30 mins. Test after 20 mins. For meat loaf cook until internal temp is 160, usually takes an hour. If you wish to use tomatoe paste on meatloaf, coat after 30 mins..