Croissants. Borrowed from French croissant ("crescent"), present participle of croître ("to grow"). Doublet of crescent. (UK) IPA(key): /ˈk(ɹ)wæsɒ̃/, /ˈk(ɹ)wʌsɒ̃/, /ˈk(ɹ)wɑːsɒ̃/. (US) IPA(key): /kɹəˈsɑnt/, /kɹwɑˈsɑ̃/. (US). Croissants are crescent-shaped French pastries which may be made from leavened or unleavened puff pastry dough.
Croissant definition is – a flaky rich crescent-shaped roll. Examples of croissant in a Sentence. Recent Examples on the Web There's a reason home cooks don't make croissants every day. ⬇ Download croissant picture – stock pictures and images in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images. You can have Croissants using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Croissants
- Prepare 1 1/4 Teaspoons of Active dry yeast.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of water , warm.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of White sugar.
- Prepare 1 3/4 Cups of All purpose flour.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of White sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Salt.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of milk , warm.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2/3 Cup of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Water.
Croissants synonyms, Croissants pronunciation, Croissants translation, English dictionary definition of Croissants. n. A rich, crescent-shaped roll of leavened dough or puff pastry. n a flaky. A simple yeast-risen dough, layered with butter, cut into a triangle and rolled up like a Traditionally, the unbaked croissant was then curved into a crescent shape, though nowadays. croissant. Croissants – Homemade croissants with this easy and fail-proof recipe from The Kitchy Kitchen.
- Combine yeast, warm water, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Allow to stand until creamy and frothy..
- Measure flour into a mixing bowl. Dissolve 2 teaspoons sugar and salt in warm milk. Blend into flour along with yeast and oil. Mix well; knead until smooth. Cover, and let rise until over triple in volume. Deflate gently, and let rise again until doubled. Deflate and chill 20 minutes..
- Massage butter until pliable, but not soft and oily. Pat dough into a 14 x 8 inch rectangle. Smear butter over top two thirds, leaving 1/4 inch margin all around..
- Fold unbuttered third over middle third, and buttered top third down over that. Turn 90 degrees, so that folds are to left and right. Roll out to a 14 x 6 inch rectangle. Fold in three again. Sprinkle lightly with flour, and put dough in a plastic bag. Refrigerate 2 hours..
- Unwrap, sprinkle with flour, and deflate gently. Roll to a 14 x 6 inch rectangle, and fold again. Turn 90 degrees, and repeat. Wrap, and chill 2 hours..
- To shape, roll dough out to a 20 x 5 inch rectangle. Cut in half crosswise, and chill half while shaping the other half. Roll out to a 15 x 5 inch rectangle. Cut into three 5 x 5 inch squares. Cut each square in half diagonally..
- Roll each triangle lightly to elongate the point, and make it 7 inches long. Grab the other 2 points, and stretch them out slightly as you roll it up. Place on a baking sheet, curving slightly..
- Let shaped croissants rise until puffy and light. In a small bowl, beat together egg and 1 tablespoon water. Glaze croissants with egg wash..
- Bake in a preheated 475 degrees F (245 degrees C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes..
I detest the mass-produced croissants we find at the likes of Costco's and supermarket chains, they. Find GIFs with the latest and newest hashtags! Search, discover and share your favorite Croissants GIFs. The best GIFs are on GIPHY. Top with two slices of thick.