Croloaf – Croissant Loaf. Using the croissant dough scraps or just cut strips of the dough, lay a few strips in the bottom of a buttered loaf pan. Sprinkle the layer with some sugar and cinnamon. Take a look at the croloaf.
With the user friendly qualities of a loaf of bread but the delicacy of a croissant -meet the croloaf. And the really good news is that unlike the calorie heavy croissant a croloaf is remarkably forgiving. The croissant-loaf hybrid is made using all-butter egg pastry constructed like a rectangular slab of bread. You can have Croloaf – Croissant Loaf using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Croloaf – Croissant Loaf
- It’s 2 Pounds of Croissant dough.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon , ground.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Water.
The shape means the croloaf can be easily sliced and toasted, according to the retailer. The croloaf looks like a bunch of croissants squeezed into a bread pan, and that's essentially what it is. But unlike croissants, which should be eaten the day they're made, the croloaf stays fresh for a few days and has all the versatility of a loaf of bread. Now, M&S have launched the croloaf, a hybrid of a croissant and – you guessed it – a loaf of bread, which is, according to them, the "perfect fusion of the French and British breakfast".
Croloaf – Croissant Loaf instructions
- Yes, it says servings one. Cause I ate the whole thing, with my happy toddler..
- Using the croissant dough scraps or just cut strips of the dough, lay a few strips in the bottom of a buttered loaf pan. Sprinkle the layer with some sugar and cinnamon. Continue the layering until the pan is 2/3 full..
- Cover the pan and let the dough rise for 1 hour. If the dough was cold this may take longer. Press gently on the dough and when it springs back after you press in it’s ready for baking. It should look puffed but still a bit tight..
- In a small bowl combine the egg yolk and water and brush on top of the loaf then finish with a bit more sugar..
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F..
- Bake for 50 minutes. If the loaf begins to brown too quickly turn down the oven a bit. It takes this loaf quite a while to bake through..
Croloaf Classic MADE WITH ST-ALLERY® REVOLUTION PLATE FOR LAMINATED PASTRY. View photos The 'croloaf' will change the way you think about your breakfast forever. Disclaimer: This is in no way related to the "cronut" (the extremely popular and hyped croissant/ donut hybrid) although Sarah has lovingly referred to it as the "croloaf". I simply refer to it as the best breakfast I've had in a long time. Marks & Spencer is launching the UK's first 'croloaf,' a croissant combined with a loaf of bread, and it's definitely a step up from plain old toast.