Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits.
You can cook Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits
- Prepare of Veggies:.
- You need 1 of zucchini (chopped and cut into half moons).
- You need 1 of yellow squash (chopped and cut into half moons).
- It’s 2-3 of large tomatillos (chopped and cut into half moons).
- It’s 1-2 of bell peppers (cut into 1-2 inch strips).
- You need 2-3 of Thai eggplants and/or 1 Chinese eggplant (chopped and cut into half moons).
- Prepare 1 stick of butter (I prefer Blue Bonnet).
- It’s of ****************************.
- You need of Cheesy grits:.
- It’s of Salted water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of chia seeds (optional but tasteless and healthy).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of feta cheese (optional but tasty).
- It’s of Grits (preferably Quaker Oats quick grits).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sour cream (or more if desired).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cream cheese (or more if desired).
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of milk (as necessary).
- It’s Handful of Velveeta shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of Optional seasoning: garlic powder and paprika (to taste).
Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits instructions
- Chop all veggies as directed or as desired. Sauté veggies in butter and possibly a little oil (I prefer grape seed oil) over medium-high heat for about 25 minutes or until desired tenderness..
- After veggies have cooked for about 15-20 minutes, boil lightly salted water in a separate pot along with chia seeds and feta cheese for about 6 minutes. After those 6 minutes, add and cook grits according to package directions whisking grits from start to finish occasionally. Garlic powder and paprika are excellent options for seasoning..
- After grits are almost done, turn fire to low heat and add milk, cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese and butter. Stir and let grits ingredients heat for about another 3-5 minutes. Then, turn off fire and let grits set for about 5-10 minutes..
- Serve hot, sautéed veggies over hot grits. Enjoy!.
- Suggestions: Another good addition to your sautéed veggies is mushrooms. Chia seeds can be purchased at Puritan.com. Check it out. Tomatillos, Thai eggplant, and Chinese eggplant may be difficult to find in some cities. Try a fruit market that has a lot of varieties of fruits and vegetables. In Chicago, we have Pete's Fresh Market..