Fish cakes. A fishcake (sometimes written as fish cake) is a culinary dish consisting of filleted fish or other seafood minced or ground, mixed with a starchy food, and fried. Shrimp, tuna, and scallops combine with fresh herbs and spices Seasoned with oyster sauce, sweet chili sauce, and cilantro, these fish cakes are an easy and tasty. Rustle up some tasty fish cakes.
Make a little fish go further by shaping it into fish cakes. Combine any fish – salmon, cod, mackerel, even shellfish like crab – with a little cooked potato or even cooked broccoli for. Making Fish Cakes in Barbados at the BUTTERFLY BEACH HOTEL with Frank Mazzuca You can have Fish cakes using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish cakes
- You need 3 of potatoes.
- You need 1/2 bunch of kale.
- It’s 50 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 200 g of fish hot smoked (cod or salmon works well).
- You need 50 g of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 50 g of polenta.
- It’s 20 g of linseeds.
- It’s 50 ml of macadamia nut oil.
- Prepare of salt.
Fish cakes in various forms are eaten throughout the world and have a long history, dating back to Since those times fish cakes have risen to new horizons, even being served in upscale restaurants. These are processed fish cakes made from pureed fish pieces shaped into cakes. The best quality fish cakes have a high fish content. Some brands contain MSG, so always check the ingredients on.
Fish cakes instructions
- Chop the potatoes (but don't peel) and boil for 15 mins.
- De-stem and chop the kale and steam for 5 mins (I normally steam above the potatoes).
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain well and mash, stir in the olive oil, kale and fish.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle form into 6 cakes.
- Place the flour on one plate, the beaten eggs on another and the polenta and linseeds on a third.
- Coat the fishcakes in the flour, eggs and polenta.
- Heat the macadamia nut oil in a pan and fry the fishcakes on each side until crispy.
- Season with salt, then serve with chilli sauce, ketchup and mayonnaise.
A simple fish cake recipe that shows you how to make salmon fish cakes from scratch. These are great with homemade tartare sauce and some green veggies. Try our best fishcakes, including crab cakes and cod cakes, and fishcakes using haddock, salmon and tuna. Forget the days of stodgy bland fishcakes, these fish delights. Enjoyed throughout Atlantic Canada and the Maritime, fish cakes are a classic dish.