Salted Caramel Lava Cookies.
You can cook Salted Caramel Lava Cookies using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salted Caramel Lava Cookies
- It’s 150 g of salted butter, softened.
- It’s 160 g of soft light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 260 g of plain flour, sifted.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 100 g of plain chocolate chips.
- It’s 100 g of pack macadamia nuts, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 16 of soft toffees.
- You need pinch of sea salt flakes, plus extra to garnish.
Salted Caramel Lava Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 5/ 190oC/ 170oC for fan. Line two large baking trays with nonstick baking paper..
- Put the butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add the sugar and beat for a further 3-4 mins until fluffy and light. Stir in the egg and vanilla extract. Add the flour and baking powder and, using a wooden spoon, gradually combine to form a soft dough. Stir in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts..
- Put the toffees on a plate and scatter with sea salt flakes. Press them on the surface of the toffees so they stick. Divide the dough into 16 pieces, then press a toffee into the centre of each. Shape the pieces into balls around the toffee and then flatten gently. Place on baking trays allowing room to expand..
- Bake for 16-18 mins, until lightly golden. Leave to cool for a moment but serve when still warm and with the caramel centres still molten..