You can cook Handmade Croissants using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Handmade Croissants
- You need 120 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 30 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 15 grams of ○Sugar.
- You need 3 grams of ○Salt.
- You need 2 1/2 grams of ○Dry yeast.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
- It’s 10 grams of Butter.
- It’s 50 grams of Butter for folding.
- You need 1 of Flour for rolling.
- You need 1 of egg Egg for eggwash.
Handmade Croissants instructions
- Take the butter used for folding, roll it out to a 15 x 15cm sheet and chill in the refrigerator. Set 10 g of butter to warm to room temperature..
- Put the ○ ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Stir in the water..
- Add the bread flower and cake flour into the bowl. Stir well until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl. Gather the dough and knead by hand for 10 minutes..
- Break up the room temperature butter into small pieces and knead it into the dough. Continue kneading until the butter is completely incorporated..
- Punch down the dough! Now bring the dough together into a round loaf and cover it with a damp tea towel. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes..
- Dust your rolling pin with flour, and roll the dough out to a 20 x 40 cm rectangle. Place the butter sheet in the center and fold each wing of the dough over the sheet. The dough should now be folded into thirds..
- Turn the dough 90 degrees and repeat the rolling and folding process. Put the dough in the freezer for 15~20 minutes to chill and rest. Repeat this step 2 more times..
- Roll out the dough to 20 x 40 cm. Cut the dough into isosceles triangles. Cut a 1 cm slit into the short base of the triangles..
- Lightly flower and stretch out the triangles. Roll them into a croissant shape, spray them so they are damp, and let them rise for a second time. Preheat the oven to 190℃.
- Brush the risen croissants with the eggwash and bake for 15~20 minutes..
- Finished! These croissants are delicious just as they are, but I like to dust them with powdered sugar before eating..