Chokoes soup (Lodeh). Coconut soup is a fruit soup prepared using coconut milk or coconut fruit as a main ingredient. Many varieties of coconut soups exist in the world, including ginataan, laksa, sayur lodeh, soto, and tom kha kai, and myriad ingredients are used. They can be served hot or cold.
Sayur lodeh is Indonesian vegetable stew in coconut milk. Like its cousin, sayur asem, sayur lodeh has no fixed rules on which vegetables to use. As long as you have the. You can have Chokoes soup (Lodeh) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chokoes soup (Lodeh)
- Prepare 3 of chokoes.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves.
- You need 5 of red chillies remove seeds.
- Prepare 1 of big red onion.
- You need 5 of candle nuts (sub with macadamias) toasted.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of lemongrass- tie into knot.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal- thinly slice to release the fragrance.
- Prepare 2 tin of coconut cream (400ml ea).
- You need 2 tbsp of chicken stock.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 10 of Prawns (optional).
- You need 12 of Quail eggs (optional).
- You need 1 pc of Tempe (optional) – I would definitely use it though.
- Prepare 2 of carrots (optional) – thinly slice 3 cm long.
Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Sayur Lodeh Traditional Vegetable. Lodeh is Indonesian food, vegetables and coconut milk soup. Sayur Lodeh is a well-known Indonesian dish originated from Java and made of various of vegetables. This sayur lodeh taste pretty light despite there is coconut milk.
Chokoes soup (Lodeh) step by step
- Blend in food processor: chillies, garlic, onion, candlenuts. Put aside..
- Cut Tempe into rectangular shape. Lightly fry them and put aside..
- Quail eggs, hard boiled and peeled. Put aside..
- Sauté blended spice plus lemongrass, galangal, bay leaves until fragrant..
- Add prawns (if using) and cook..
- Add coconut cream, chicken stock, coconut cream. Add 1.5 L of water. Cook until bubbly..
- Put into the pot chokoes, carrots, quail eggs, tempe and cook until chokoes are soft..
- Season with salt. Serve on top of rice cake (lontong) with chicken curry, and prawn crackers….
Combine with anything Pickled, roasted, added to soups curries They're lovely in sayur lodeh, an Indonesian curry with chicken or beef and choko in coconut milk, or in tumis. Sayur lodeh is a popular vegetable in coconut milk soup in Indonesian cuisine. Common ingredients are young jackfruit, eggplant, chayote, melinjo, long beans, tofu, tempeh all. Choko – A few weeks ago Don happened to mention that he particularly dislikes eating chokoes. Thanks to Roy, Kay and Rowena Petrie for their family soup recipes, prepared for us by Rowena.