Sautéed Swetbreads. Peel the outer membrane off the sweetbreads. Sweetbreads are the Thymus gland or pancreas of the animal. They are crisp on the outside and smooth inside when cooked right.
Knowing the difference will save you from an unwelcome surprise in either direction. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Thread the beet and sweetbreads alternately on wooden skewers. You can cook Sautéed Swetbreads using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sautéed Swetbreads
- You need 1 lb of Beef Sweetbreads (Thymus Gland), cleaned off the membrane.
- You need 2 T of Bacon Fat.
- You need 2 T of Red Bell Pepper, Brunoise.
- It’s 2 T of Green Bell Pepper, Brunoise.
- You need 2 T of Blackening Seasoning.
- Prepare 5 of Garlic cloves, Thin Sliced.
Saute the skewers in the skillet until golden brown. Learn how to make Sautéed Sweetbreads With Gravy. Place sweetbreads in boiling water to cover. Tasty sautéed lamb sweetbreads with delicious season mushrooms.
Sautéed Swetbreads step by step
- Cut the Sweetbreads into bite sized pieces. Enough to where they will cook thoroughly while sautéing..
- Get a Sautee pan going on high heat, add the bacon fat. But don't burn it..
- Toss the Sweetbreads with the blackening seasoning. Evenly coated. You can use more or less, depending on your liking..
- Add to hot pan with bacon fat, give them a good sear and browning before sautéing. You want to bring out that caramelized flavour..
- When you're 3/4s of the way done sauteeing, add the garlic and bell peppers. Cooking until they're al dente..
- Check to make sure they're cook thoroughly and serve!.
This spectacular combination will not leave anybody indifferent. Not to be confused with sweetbreads. Various sweet breads at a "medieval day" event at Velenje Castle, Velenje, Slovenia. This is a list of sweet breads. Creamy endive sauce studded with truffles coats sauteed sweetbreads.