Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna. This new take on the classic Niçoise salad features poached egg and lightly seared ahi tuna crusted with a zesty blend of chia seeds, lime, chile and garlic. Combine with new potatoes, green beans and olives then dress with a Dijon chia blend vinaigrette to make a hearty salad that's a complete meal. So, just take a little time, scroll through the photos of this super yummy sesame chia crusted tuna poke (which I made whilst dreaming of our upcoming Hawaii trip Place the sesame and chia seeds on a plate and spread around.
Lightly brush the tuna with oil and sprinkle the sesame mixture all over it, pressing to help the crust adhere. Sushi grade Ahi Tuna (I used Yellowfin tuna). salt. black pepper. sesame seeds. grape seed, vegetable or olive oil. soy sauce. ginger. lime or lemon juice. green onions (optional). How long to cook this Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna on the stove top? You can have Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna
- It’s of Ahi Tuna Steak.
- You need of Chia seeds (typically sesame seeds, black/white for aesthetics).
- It’s of Green beans (optional).
- You need of Garlic (optional).
- It’s of Red wine (fancy optional).
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Rice vinegar.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Lemon (optional).
- You need of Sweet chilli sauce (optional).
Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet. Which Is Healthier: Chia Seeds vs. I like to serve sesame-crusted ahi tuna steaks two ways depending on how hungry we are, hehe. I cut the seared fish into thin slices serve them with some pickled cucumbers and soy We enjoyed this meal of super fresh seared ahi tuna and all of the fixings.
Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna instructions
- Cut veggies and set aside. I chopped garlic and cut green beans down to 1" pieces..
- Prep tuna to room temperature, pat down excess moisture and set aside. This will allow the sauce to stick to the tuna easier..
- Prep seasoning. Mix salt, pepper, and chia seeds on a flat plate. Salt and pepper is to taste and seeds can be applied liberally..
- Prep sauce. Mix about a tbsp of soy sauce, olive oil, rice vinegar (to taste), and lemon. Set aside..
- Prep tuna. Apply sauce mixture to tuna, coating all sides. Then dip tuna in seasoning and coat all sides. Set aside..
- Heat pan and add cold oil to prevent sticking. Add seasoned tuna to pan and sear for no longer than 1 min (the photo is roughly 30 seconds). Then flip and repeat to other side. You may add garlic here if you want to combine flavors. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Stir fry veggies..
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice tuna (less than 1/8")..
- Combine all elements to a nice presentation plate, please get fancy. Immediately serve..
I could certainly go for this meal every week! In a shallow dish, combine the two types of sesame seeds and stir to mix. Season the tuna with salt and pepper and dredge in the sesame seeds, coating the tuna. Seared or raw tuna is one of my favorite fish to eat whether I'm having sushi, ceviche Some other tuna recipes I love made with sushi grade tuna are Ahi Tuna Watermelon Salad and Sushi grade tuna steak encrusted with sesame seeds and balsamic soy ginger vinaigrette, all I. Black Sesame & Almond Crusted Ahi Tunaspoon fork bacon.