Pasta with pea & basil pesto. This lightning-fast pasta with creamy peas, mint, and Parm is pantry dinner at its best. Just one reason to keep heavy cream in the fridge at all times. Risi e Bisi, Italian Rice and Peas Deviled Ham with Pickled Jalapeños Pea pesto pasta is a simple summer spaghetti tossed in pea puree pesto and served with freshly grated parmesan and basil leaves.
Since frozen peas are delicious and pasta lasts nicely in my pantry for months, the two are always around my kitchen. But rarely do I think of combining the two. I had to cross that line when I stared. You can have Pasta with pea & basil pesto using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta with pea & basil pesto
- It’s 500 g of pasta, fresh.
- Prepare 1 kg of peas, frozen.
- Prepare 60 g of basil, fresh.
- It’s 30 ml of olive oil.
- You need 30-45 ml of nut butter (used macadamia nut butter).
- Prepare 2 of lemons, juiced.
- You need 10 ml of salt.
- It’s 5 ml of pepper, black, crushed.
Pea Pesto Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Arugula (Vegan + GF)Minimalist Baker. Nut-ritious Creamy Vegan Pasta Primavera with Peas and CarrotsGo Dairy Free. But this pasta and peas is another love of mine. Unlike other pasta and peas recipes that call for heavier, cream-based sauces, this is another great use of a wonderful and light olive oil based sauce.
Pasta with pea & basil pesto step by step
- Pasta: Cook in simmering salted water. Drain and set aside. Can drizzle with some olive oil after drained..
- Pesto: Cook peas until just before completely cooked (either on a stove in simmering water approximately 2 minutes or microwave between 2-3 minutes).
- This step can be done in a blender or stick blender – Combine all ingredient except pasta and blend. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve pesto over pasta and enjoy with a glass of wine..
Add the reserved cooking water to the pea mixture and lightly crush the peas. TIP: I like to use sunflower seeds in my nut-free pesto since they are less expensive than pine nuts and the flavor is really great. You can really use pine nuts, sunflower seeds. When your prosciutto pasta with peas is ready, sprinkle it with shredded or grated Parmesan To the skillet with butter and prosciutto add drained cooked pasta with peas. They're inexpensive, easy to cook or add to recipes, and packed with both protein and fiber.