Padang-style Kalio Ayam (Padang's Chicken Casserole) 😋🐥🐣🌶🥘.
You can cook Padang-style Kalio Ayam (Padang's Chicken Casserole) 😋🐥🐣🌶🥘 using 31 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Padang-style Kalio Ayam (Padang's Chicken Casserole) 😋🐥🐣🌶🥘
- Prepare 1 of whole Chicken 2kg cut into big pieces.
- It’s 1 of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 kg of potato peeled, slice thickly like a biscuits.
- You need 1 of big Onions (100g), chopped finely.
- You need 8 of shallots.
- You need 7 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 5 of Candle Nuts/Macadamia (Kemiri).
- You need 6 cm of fresh Ginger, sliced thickly on top leaving the base intact.
- It’s of (when the dish is cook, then it's easily to discard this ginger).
- Prepare 6 cm of fresh Galangal,slice thickly on top leaving the base intact.
- It’s of (or 1 tbs ground Galangal/Lengkuas powder).
- Prepare 15 of fresh Red Chillies, pounded into paste.
- It’s 5 of Bay Leaves (daun salam).
- Prepare 1 of Curry Leaves (see image).
- You need 2 of Lemongrass stalks,bruised the white part,tied up the top green.
- Prepare 5 of Kaffir lime leaves, teared the sides leaves to loosen the oil.
- You need 1 of tsb groundTurmeric powder(Curcuma) (no need of fresh Turmeric).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground Coriander powder or 1 tbs whole Coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground Cumin powder.
- You need 1 tbs of Tamarind paste or 2 tbs Tamarind juice.
- It’s 2 Tbs of soft Brown Sugar or Palm sugar.
- Prepare 1 can of Coconut Cream or 1 lt. Coconut liquid from Coconut fruit.
- Prepare of Water parboiled from the kettle.
- Prepare of Vegetable Rice Bran Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper grinded.
- Prepare of On top centre: w Coriander leaves,the stalks are nice to eat too.
- Prepare of To serve: steamed Jasmine Rice cook in Rice Cooker or.
- Prepare 4 of Ketupat cakes (pressed cooked rice)(see image):.
- You need of Rice boiled in square shaped packet of plaited Coconut leaves.
- You need of Prepare: On top of individual plate put a soft large banana leaf.
Padang-style Kalio Ayam (Padang's Chicken Casserole) 😋🐥🐣🌶🥘 step by step
- Wash the chicken, marinade with lemon juice. In a blender put the shallots,garlic,candle nuts,fresh chillies,the whole coriander to making a chillies paste mixture.In a wok on put oil,heat oil then add the chopped onion & stir fry 5 min,add the chillies paste &fry more 2'.Then put the Coconut cream, fry more 5' till bubble then add 5cups water,turmeric,coriander powder(if not using the whole one),gallangal,lemongrass,bay leaves,curry leaves,kaffir lemon leaves,tamarind paste, sugar: mix all.
- Stir constantly to avoid the coconut cream be separated and let slowly to boil then add the chicken pieces. Add the sliced potatoes, salt and grinded black pepper, keep stirring and mix until starting to boil..
- Then lower down the temperature. Simmering on low temperature.Next add tamarind paste, sugar and mix until smooth. Put the lid on.If lack of liquid, add more water from the kettle. Taste the season..
- The chicken is cooked when change into brownish colour. Turn off the fire. The sauce is thick & abundant, taste delicious.(option: on top centre decorate with bunch of Coriander leaves that have delicious flavour). 😚To serve: pour the gravy sauce, the cooked meat & potatoes over the Ketupat (cut roughly into bite pieces) or on the cooked steamed rice placed on a plate which base is covered with soft banana leave.(to soften the banana leaves is to put them on the gas fire).