Sticky Rice Dumpling. We love these fragrant packets of sticky rice stuffed with pork, mushrooms, and sausage. Here's how they're done—straight from a Chinese mom. Sticky rice dumplings (zongzi in Chinese) are common throughout Southeast Asia―both savory and sweet versions.
A classic treat for Dragon boat festival. With this informative recipe, you will make sweet and savoury Zongzi, Chinese sticky rice dumplings, with great ease. Zongzi, or sticky rice dumplings, are almost like a Chinese version of the tamale–sticky If you've ever had any sticky rice dumpling, you know that at the end of the day, these delicious packets of. You can cook Sticky Rice Dumpling using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sticky Rice Dumpling
- It’s 5 cups of sticky rice.
- Prepare 1 of salted egg yolk.
- It’s of Red bean.
- It’s of Pork or chicken meat.
Sticky rice dumpling (Zongzi 糭子 in Chinese) is a classic Chinese food often eaten for celebrating Dragon Boat Festival. For each of the filling, I am. Today, eating this rice dumpling remains as an important tradition among the Chinese. The way of wrapping and the ingredients in the zongzi also varied considerably in different regions.
Sticky Rice Dumpling step by step
- Cook pork or chicken in light soy sauce, garlic, black soy sauce. Set aside.
- Boil the red bean. Boil also the salted egg. Then just used the yolk.
- In a leaf put sticky rice first then mix all ing in the middle then cover with rice again. Tie the leaves tightly so that it will not come out the rice. Steam for 30 to 40 mins.
Sticky rice dumplings or zongzi are traditionally eaten around the Dragon Boat Festival. Eat them alone or served with soy sauce or crystal sugar. Learn how to make Hokkien bak chang in a pressure cooker or with boiling method. The recipe is a no fuss but with same great taste. See more ideas about Sticky rice, Dumpling, Food.