Fiery RARA Beef Curry.
You can cook Fiery RARA Beef Curry using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fiery RARA Beef Curry
- Prepare of 1 Beef initial boil (optional).
- Prepare 1 kg of beef – cut/sliced (i use beef steak).
- It’s of B Blend: (+ 2 tbsp water).
- You need 1 of brown/yellow onion (Big).
- You need 1 of red onion (Big).
- You need 4 of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- Prepare 6 of dried chillies (cut & soaked).
- You need 5 of candlenuts/macadamia (opt).
- It’s of C Dry Spices.
- You need 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tumeric powder.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 4 of star Anise.
- Prepare of D Wet spices – make into PASTE.
- It’s 1 C of BABA curry powder + 1/2 C water (see pic).
- You need 2 tsp of seedless tamarind paste + 1 tbsp water-can use concentrate.
- Prepare of E Potatoes (5 – cleaned, peeled and cubed).
- Prepare of F 1 C cooking oil, 1 tsp chicken granules, salt.
Fiery RARA Beef Curry step by step
- Prepare ingredients. Cut and clean beef. Boil beef in pot of water enough to cover the meat (Don't boil too long). What you can do is bringing water to a simmer, then drain and rinse.The reason for doing this initial boil and subsequent rinse is to loosen the congealed blood and any caked dust/dirt/grime in meat from cutting and thawing. This is totally optional; my personal preference depending on the type of dish. There are however many ways you can prep your meat. You can skip this process..
- Blend all ingredients in B. Prepare wok. Heat 1 C cooking oil over medium heat. Dont worry about the oil. You may have to add more later depending on the amount of paste and blended ingredients you have. Add in B. Sauté until fragrant. Add C. Mix well. Add D. Cook until aromatic and oil separates from the paste (oil floats to the top of the paste) Very important step in making good curry. It takes around 5mins or more over medium heat. Keep stirring..
- Once the oil separates from the paste, add meat/beef and cubed potatoes. Add 1/2 C of water. Cover and stir occasionally. Season with chicken granules. Taste it. Add salt if necessary. Simmer for 30mins or until beef and patatoes are tender. Serve with steamed rice..