Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream.
You can cook Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream
- Prepare of cupcakes.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of apple cider.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of frosting.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of Kraft caramels, melted with 2 tbsp water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk for thinning if needed (or 2 tbsp).
Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream step by step
- For cupcakes: Whisk together all ingredients..
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake at 350º for 19 minutes..
- For buttercream: In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and shortening..
- Add the powdered sugar and the caramel alternately (add the salt in with the caramel), mixing after each addition..
- Add milk, by the tbsp. as needed for thinning.
- *The caramel is a little tricky just in that it needs to be the right temperature– warm enough that it's still liquid and can blend into the buttercream, but not so hot that it melts the butter making everything too thin. Evaluate the buttercream at about 4 tbsp of caramel– if it's getting way too thin, stop adding caramel or add more powdered sugar. I found that 6 Tbsp. was perfect for my batch..