Chocolate Croissants 🥐. Place warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer. Remove chocolate croissants from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for a few minutes before serving. They will slightly deflate as they cool.
Cover any leftover croissants and store at room temperature for a few days or in. Place tablespoon of chocolate chips on wide end of each triangle. Roll up, starting at shortest side of triangle, rolling to opposite point. You can have Chocolate Croissants 🥐 using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Croissants 🥐
- It’s 1/3 cup of warm milk 🥛.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 10 tsp of FROZEN butter.
- It’s 4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of yeast.
- It’s of Chocolate bar🍫 or chips.
- It’s of Egg yolk for wash.
To form the croissants, cut the dough in half. Place one half in the refrigerator. With a knife, trim the edges of the dough. Place the chocolate on the edge of the dough and roll tightly enclosing it in the dough.
Chocolate Croissants 🥐 step by step
- Here’s the pic for the ingredients.
- In a clean bowl pour in your flour/salt/sugar/ and yeast, whisk gently to combine. NB: salt/sugar/yeast each should be at the side of the bowl, not overlap.
- Now, bring out your frozen butter from the freezer and grate directly to your bowl of flour. Maintain the pea sized by mixing gently with a blunt spoon..
- Now, pour in your warm milk, and mix lightly to maintain the butter shape. Then, dust your working top with flour and turn your dough on it, bring it together to form a kinda square shape.
- Now, wrap your dough with a cling film and make it sit in the refrigerator for about 1-2hrs.
- Now take your dough out, dust your surface with flour then roll it out to a kinda rectangle,.
- Then fold both edges turn the folded side upside down just like in the pic below and roll out, repeat 3 times.
- Now, wrap it twice with a cling film and refrigerate for some hours or even better overnight (i left mine until the next day).
- So, take out your dough and roll out with a rolling pin to form a square of at least 30cm long,.
- Now what you’ll do is take your ruler to measure a length of 30cm and width of 8cm. Then you cut it out with a pizza cutter. Divide the bottom into 2 and pop in your chocolate bars/chips. I used bars. And roll upwards with your hands..
- Prepare your tray, and cover with baking paper then put your croissant with the tip till half down. Repeat same steps for the rest and cover your croissants tray with a lightly greased cling film and let it sit for 2-3hr at room temperature..
- Finally preheat your oven, and pop your croissants tray into the oven, for a 3-5mins bring it out and egg wash the surface of your croissants with (egg yolk+milk) and pop back into the oven, bake at 150C, until golden brown. PS: double your tray to avoid the bottom from burning..
- And it’s readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to eat after so long😅😅😅😅.
Place the chocolate croissants on a lined baking tray and paint with the beaten egg. This light, flaky French-style croissant roll is filled with delicious chocolate. Perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch, and special enough for entertaining! To reduce the 'day of' preparation time, make the dough and refrigerate the unbaked rolls overnight. In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; whisk in milk until smooth.