Brad's pretzel crusted cod with cilantro lime aioli. To prepare aioli, combine cilantro, mayonnaise, serrano, and minced garlic, stirring well. While the cornflake crusted halibut was delicious, I did not like the overall taste of the cilantro aioli. The mayonnaise did nothing to counteract the intensity, so I added a couple of teaspoons of lime.
My daughter typically is not a big cod fan and she has requested it several times. I did make the choice to marinate it over night and the flavors really incorporated. Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving. You can have Brad's pretzel crusted cod with cilantro lime aioli using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's pretzel crusted cod with cilantro lime aioli
- It’s of For the fish.
- Prepare 2 lbs of cod fillets.
- Prepare 1 bag of pretzels.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of each; garlic powder, white pepper, and paprika.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- You need of For the aioli.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Juice of half a lime.
- You need Dash of tobasco sauce, optional.
This cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic aioli is surprisingly versatile as a dressing, topping or dip. Blend mayonnaise, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic, lime juice, cumin, and salt together in a blender or food processor until smooth. Now I am making it again tonight for baked cod. For a twist on fish and chips, bread white fish fillets with crushed potato chips and serve it with lemon-garlic aioli.
Brad's pretzel crusted cod with cilantro lime aioli instructions
- Pulse pretzels in a blender or food processor until they are super fine. You will need 1 1/2 to 2 cups total pretzel crumbs..
- Mix all aioli ingredients in a bowl. Chill for 1 hour..
- Set up the breading line. First the flour. Mix spices into flour. Then egg. Then pretzel crumbs..
- Heat oil in a lg fry pan over medium low heat. Dredge fish in flour. The egg. Then pretzel. Fry until golden brown. 5-6 minutes a side..
- Drain on paper towels. Garnish with aioli and cilantro leaves. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Recipe for cilantro aioli Mayonesa de cilantro style mayonnaise sauce made with egg, oil, fresh cilantro, lime and garlic. It's the middle of winter, but this recipe will evoke feelings of summer evenings spent with good friends around a good meal. I am fortunate enough to have a fantastic cook as a husband and I have to give him credit for this incredible meal. Pretzel buns are not required, but after discovering them. I especially loved the Chile-Cilantro Aioli.