Salted Carmel Butter Bars. These Salted Caramel Butter bars are one of my most requested recipes ever! The buttery cookie is filled with a creamy, salted caramel that is so rich and beyond delicious. I can't begin to explain to you how much I love these Salted Caramel Butter Bars…I make them ALL THE TIME.
And they are packed with butter. But I promise they are worth every bite. These are the bars that someone brings to a get together and you HAVE to get the recipe. You can cook Salted Carmel Butter Bars using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salted Carmel Butter Bars
- Prepare of Batter.
- It’s 1 lb of Salted butter room temp.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vanilla.
- You need 4 cup of AP flour.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 1 bag of Carmel candies (about 50 pieces) unwrapped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk or cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 1 of Coarse sea salt or Kosher salt.
These salted caramel bars feature a buttery shortbread base and an addicting crumb topping I simply can't get enough of! These caramel bars are easy to make and you probably have everything on hand to make them now. It's such a simple ingredients list: butter, sugar. Easy to make caramel millionaire bars with a shortbread cookie base, salted tahini caramel filling and dairy free chocolate.
Salted Carmel Butter Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugars. Using mixer on medium speed, beat together until creamy. Add the vanilla and beat until combined. Sift the flour into the butter mixture and beat on low speed until a smooth soft dough forms..
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Press one-third of the dough evenly into the pan to form a bottom crust. Wrap remaining dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator..
- Bake crust until firm and the edges are a pale golden brown approx 20 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool about 15 minutes..
- While the bottom crust is baking and the remaining dough is chilling, make the caramel filling. Place the unwrapped caramels in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the cream. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth. If caramels are not completely melted, microwave on high for 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth..
- Once the caramel is melted add in your 1/2 tsp vanilla and stir until combined..
- Pour the caramel filling over the crust. If you are going to salt the caramel sprinkle it on caramel layer now..
- Remove the remaining chilled dough from the refrigerator and crumble it evenly over the caramel..
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until the filling is bubbly and the crumbled shortbread topping is firm and lightly golden, about 25 – 30 minutes..
- Let cool before cutting into squares..
I'm feeling the need to kick it up a notch with some old school AK recipes that involve real butter (BROWN IT BABY) & sugar — the holidays are all about treatin' yoself after all. It's Gina from Kleinworth & Co. & I'm back today to share with you one of our family's all My family swoons over these. My hubs loves buttery cookies so butter bars are perfect for him. It gives him that butter flavor he loves but with more to it. I highly recommend these Salted Caramel Butter Bars since they're extremely delicious and make parking-space-seeking bearable… or as bearable as it can get when you're behind that dude that parks in the middle of the aisle just waiting for anyone to pull out.