Macadamia & White Choco Chip Cookies. Nuts, macadamia nuts, raw Nutrition Facts & Calories, source. The phytochemical composition and antioxidant actions of tree nuts, source. Select the department you want to search in.
Macadamia Academia Botanical name: Macadamia integrifolia. When you think of macadamia nuts, Hawaii might be the first place that comes to mind, but this nut is actually native to Australia. Macadamia, genus of four species of evergreen trees of the family Proteaceae known for their richly Commonly known as macadamia nuts, the seeds are often roasted and used by bakers and. You can cook Macadamia & White Choco Chip Cookies using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macadamia & White Choco Chip Cookies
- Prepare 125 g of Butter *softened.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Large Egg.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 of & 3/4 cup Self-Rising Flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Macadamia Nuts *coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of White Chocolate Chips.
Botanically, macadamia belongs to the family of Proteaceae, in the genus: Macadamia. Macadamia is native to the East Coast rainforests of North Eastern parts of Australia. The Oil Authority for Global Textures. Macadamia nuts are rich, flavorful nuts native to the continent of Australia, although they are also cultivated in Hawaii.
Macadamia & White Choco Chip Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper..
- Beat softened Butter and Sugars until smooth and well combined. Beat in Egg and Vanilla, and mix well. Add Flour and mix well, then add Macadamia Nuts and White Chocolate Chips and combine evenly..
- Roll the dough into 24 balls, about 3cm size, and place on the prepared trays, 12 balls each. You may wish to press down slightly but I usually don’t press down..
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked. Transfer to a wire rack to cool..
These nuts made an important traditional food source for native Australians.