Croissant 🥐. The croissants were light flaky and tastes great. I used a little more flour as well used pastry four instead of all-purpose. It made them a little more lighter.
Butter a large bowl; set aside. Scatter over raisins, then shape and bake. Cheese & ham: Lay a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on top of each triangle of dough and shape as in the recipe. You can cook Croissant 🥐 using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Croissant 🥐
- It’s 2 cups of liquid Milk.
- You need 5 cups of flour.
- It’s 6 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soft butter.
- It’s 230 gram of (cubed frozen butter).
Croissant definition is – a flaky rich crescent-shaped roll. The croissant is the most celebrated member of the family of butter- and sugar-enriched, yeasted pastries known as viennoiseries. They obtain their signature flaky texture through lamination, the. Croissant dough begins with butter, flour, sugar, salt, yeast, and milk.
Croissant 🥐 step by step
- Mix all ingredients together very well until combined and the dough becomes solid and gained.
- Place it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Repare the butter: Arrange the sticks of butter on a sheet of plastic wrap horizontally. Lay another piece of plastic over the sticks, and use a rolling pin to flatten the sticks until you have approximately an 8×5 inch rectangle. Put the butter, still wrapped in plastic, in the fridge until the dough is ready..
- Laminate the dough: Laminating dough is the process of folding butter into the dough many times, which is what creates all those layers. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll it to a 16×10 inch rectangle. Place your butter in the center, and fold the edges of the dough rectangle over to cover the butter completely..
- Roll the dough out so it’s back to 16×10 inches, then fold it letter-style into thirds. Wrap the dough with plastic and place it in the fridge for an hour. repeat this process for 3 times..
- Bake the croissants: Roll the dough out, one last time, until you have a long rectangle and cut the dough into thirds to make this part easier. Slice the dough into long triangles, and roll each one starting at the wide end until you have a crescent shape(you can fill the dough with cheese). Brush with a slightly egg.
- Bake on a parchment paper lined sheet at 180c..
- Note: 230 butter must be freezed to use while preparing the dough.. Like the shape in the picture.
- Made By: Tala Odaymat.
Unlike most yeasted doughs that require warm liquid to activate the yeast, you're going to use cold milk. The yeast will work its magic later on in the recipe. In the beginning steps of croissants, the dough should always be cold. The notch helps the rolled croissant curl into a crescent. Lay the croissant on the work surface with the notched side closest to you.