Cherry Pistachio Cookies.
You can cook Cherry Pistachio Cookies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry Pistachio Cookies
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pistachios, unsalted, roasted.
- Prepare 33/100 cup of dried cherries, unsweetened.
- It’s 33/50 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of zest of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- You need 33/100 cup of pistachios, unsalted, roasted.
- Prepare 2 stick of butter, unsalted.
Cherry Pistachio Cookies step by step
- Grind the 1/4 cup flour with the 1/4 cup pistachios in a mini-chopper or a clean coffee grinder until a coarse meal is achieved. Transfer to a large mixing bowl..
- Chop the cherries and add to the bowl. Using your hands, mix into the pistachio meal with your hands. Use your fingertips to separate the cherry pieces..
- Add the sugar and zest. Rub in with fingertips to infuse all the flavors..
- Stir in, the salt and baking soda, with a fork..
- Knead in, by hand, the flour, butter, egg, and remaining pistachios..
- Form 1 1/2 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Leave room for spreading out. Flatten each cookie with the tines of a fork..
- Bake in a 325°F oven for 18 minutes, or until slightly browned and set. Rest for 2 minutes before transferring with a spatula to a rack to cool completely. Makes 28 irresistible cookies. Store airtight..