chewy salted layered chocolate caramels. Soft buttery caramels are dipped in melted chocolate and topped with a little salt for the perfect treat. Step-by-step photographs and recipe video included. These chocolate covered caramels are soft, chewy and perfectly melt away in your mouth.
All you need is a straight-forward recipe and a few tricks. When we first made caramels, we admit, things did not always work out. In fact, some time ago, we published a salted caramel recipe on this very blog. You can have chewy salted layered chocolate caramels using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of chewy salted layered chocolate caramels
- Prepare of caramel layer.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn syrup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare of chocolate layer.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sea salt, plus more for sprinkling..
It's a layered bar with a base of chocolate, whole oats center, caramel top with chunks of chocolate and a chocolate drizzle, with dashes of salt. I will say if you keep it in your hand to long, it may melt a bit on your hand/fingers. This four-layer chocolate and caramel tart was what we came up with. Buttery chocolate cookie topped with ooey gooey caramel and chocolate chunks, these chewy chocolate caramel bars are to die for!
chewy salted layered chocolate caramels step by step
- Prepare 11×7 pan: spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place parchment paper inside and spray paper with nonstick cooking spray..
- Place caramel ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly..
- When boiling, stir and boil 6 minutes..
- Poor into prepared pan. Place in fridge to chill..
- For the chocolate layer: boil water and sugar in medium saucepan, stirring constantly. Boil 3-4 minutes until thickened..
- Slowly add cream, stirring constantly. Add sweetened condensed milk..
- Bring to a boil and boil approximately 6 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Remove from heat and add chocolate, vanilla, and salt. Let cool slightly, stirring periodically..
- Caefully spread chocolate over caramel. Sprinkle with salt. Chill 1 hour. Remove from fridge and let sit for 10 minutes, then cut into 1" squares. Store in fridge..
Drizzle with more caramel just before serving for the ultimate chocolate caramel treat! These chewy salted caramels are an easy, homemade holiday gift for family, friends, neighbors, teachers, and most importantly, yourself. They're soft and chewy, creamy and sweet, with a healthy dusting of flaky sea salt for the perfect sweet-savory bite. I've been making these treats for years. Salted Chocolate Covered Caramels are made with just three simple ingredients.