Indian spiced sauteed kale. I didn't have coriander or garam masala so I added red onion sauteed in olive oil with the garlic. Not enough flavor The Indian spices are nice but with that much kale I had to add sugar and apple cider vinegar which is the way my father. We ate these Indian spiced chickpeas and greens with basmati rice and a healthy addition of my homemade hot sauce.
While the rice cooks, wash and dry the kale. Separate the leaves from the stems; discard the stems, then roughly chop the leaves. Add broth, coriander, cumin, garam masala and salt. You can have Indian spiced sauteed kale using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indian spiced sauteed kale
- You need 2 bunches of kale, leaves separated from stalk and chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Dried red chilliies.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 table spoon of Shredded coconut.
- You need 8-10 of roasted cashews, chopped.
When preparing kale for these recipes, remove the tough ribs, chop or tear the. Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and red-pepper flakes to taste. How to make a dish of sauteed kale & other veggies. Wash the kale well and remove the leaves from the stems.
Indian spiced sauteed kale instructions
- Heat oil in a saute panm when hot, add garlic, red chillies, mustard seeds and cumin seeds, and wait for theustard seeds to splutter.
- Add in the chopped kale and some salt, and saute until the leaves lose water and are fully cooked.
- Towards the end, mix in the coconut powder..
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with roasted cashews bits..
Save the stems for cooking or smoothies or discard them. Add the kale leaves and stir constantly until all of the leaves are coated with oil and they begin to darken. Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored. Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine. Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine.