Salted Pork Chimichungas. Place roasts in large roasting pan. Do not add salt or water. Most chimichangas are fried, but these Sweet Pork Chimichangas are baked to crispy perfection.
My family prefers this salad version to the deep-fried variety. Generously season the pork with salt and pepper. Place chimichanga in a serving platter, serve with sour cream, chopped cilantro, jalapenos and tomato salsa. You can have Salted Pork Chimichungas using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salted Pork Chimichungas
- You need 1 lb of pork.
- It’s 3 of pablano peppers.
- It’s 2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground jalapeño.
- You need 5 of large flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican blend grated cheese.
- It’s 1 of cooking oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced shallots.
- You need 4 cup of cold water.
It is usually prepared from pork belly, or, more rarely, fatback. Salt pork typically resembles uncut slab bacon, but is fattier, being made from the lowest part of the belly, saltier, as the cure is stronger and performed for longer, and never smoked. The Best Chimichanga Sauce Recipes on Yummly Homemade Citrus Cranberry Sauce, Apple And Spice Cranberry Sauce, Dilled Horseradish Sauce.
Salted Pork Chimichungas instructions
- Let pork soak in saltwater for 2 hours or so. Meat will look hazy when done. Rice in cold water to remove brine before proceeding..
- Dice or cube pork and mix with dry spices..
- Dice and brown onions and pablano peppers until lightly brown.
- As pork browns mix in pablano peppers and onions.
- Fill tortillas with mixture and roll. Place each into a high-sided cooking pan. Rub each with a light coat of oil and top with cheese and shallots. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes until cheese is browned and tortillas are hard..
- Eat with sauce or salsa of choice..
Chinese salted pork or yān xián ròu (腌咸肉) is a flavorful and has many uses in the kitchen. This salted pork recipe uses Sichuan peppercorns, which give off a wonderful aroma without the numbing. Though the origin of this beloved deep-fried burrito is hotly debated, historians generally concede that the chimichanga was born in Tucson. Often, salt pork and bacon are confused. Salt pork is simply salted pork belly; it looks like side Salt pork is an essential ingredient in chowders and Boston-style baked beans.