Croissant. Borrowed from French croissant ("crescent"), present participle of croître ("to grow"). Doublet of crescent. (UK) IPA(key): /ˈk(ɹ)wæsɒ̃/, /ˈk(ɹ)wʌsɒ̃/, /ˈk(ɹ)wɑːsɒ̃/. (US) IPA(key): /kɹəˈsɑnt/, /kɹwɑˈsɑ̃/. (US). IPA(key): [kʰɹəˈsɑnt]. (Canada) IPA(key): /kɹəˈsɑnt/, /kɹwɑˈsɑ̃/, /kxwəˈsɑ̃(t)/. (Canada). Транскрипция и произношение слова "croissant" в британском и американском вариантах. Подробный перевод и примеры. le croissant m, Существительное. croissant / croissants.
Croissant definition: Croissants are small, sweet bread rolls in the shape of a crescent that are eaten for. Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples. croissant. Croissant definition is – a flaky rich crescent-shaped roll. You can have Croissant using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Croissant
- Prepare 1 package of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 3/4 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 5 cups of all-purpose flour divided 1/4 cup butter,melted.
- You need 1 cup of butter, chilled and diced.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of white sugar.
Examples of croissant in a Sentence. Recent Examples on the Web There's a reason home cooks don't make croissants every day. Define croissant. croissant synonyms, croissant pronunciation, croissant translation, English dictionary definition of croissant. n. A rich, crescent-shaped roll of leavened dough or puff pastry.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in milk, salt, sugar, 1 egg, 1 cup flour and melted butter. Beat to make a smooth batter; set aside..
- In a large bowl, cut the one cup firm butter into remaining four cups flour until butter particles are the size of dried kidney beans..
- Pour the yeast batter over this and carefully turn the mixture over with a spatula to blend, just until all flour is moistened..
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or up to four days..
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface; press into compact balls and knead about 6 turns to release air bubbles..
- Divide dough into four equal parts. Shape one at a time. Refrigerate the remaining dough..
- Roll one part of the dough on a floured board into a circle 17 inches in diameter. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the circle into eight equal pie-shaped wedges.
- Roll the wedges loosely toward the point. Shape each roll into a crescent and place on an ungreased baking sheet..
- Allow 1 1/2 inches space between each roll.Cover and let rise at room temperature until almost doubled in size.Approximately 2 hours. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200.
- Brush croissants with beaten egg. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until golden.
Find the best free stock images about croissant. Download all photos and use them even for commercial projects. ⬇ Download croissant picture – stock pictures and images in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images. Croissants are crescent-shaped French pastries which may be made from leavened or unleavened puff pastry dough. Croissants and other French pastries are very popular in Morocco. A croissant is a type of pastry, classically made with puff pastry dough so that it is light, flaky, and extremely buttery.