Honey Pork Roast (Low Temperature Cooking).
You can have Honey Pork Roast (Low Temperature Cooking) using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Honey Pork Roast (Low Temperature Cooking)
- Prepare 80 of Honey.
- Prepare ½ Teaspoon of Mustard , hot.
- It’s 50 of Butter.
- It’s 1 Kilo of Pork Roast , not too fat.
- Prepare 25 of Ghee.
- Prepare 5 of Cognac.
- It’s 0.2 of Veal Broth Vegetable Broth or Vegetable.
- You need 50 of Crème Fraîche.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Honey Pork Roast (Low Temperature Cooking) step by step
- Preheat your stove to 80C..
- With the ghee, roast the pork in a skillet for 6 to 7 minutes at high heat, turning exactly once (start with the fatty side). Sprinkle the pork with salt & pepper..
- Put the pork in a small roasting pan..
- Stir up the remains of the roasting process with the veal broth, let it simmer for a moment..
- Add the Cognac, honey and mustard, let it simmer for a moment, stirring well. Pour this sauce over the pork..
- Put the roasting tray into the stove for 4.5 to 5 hours (!). Pour some sauce over the pork occasionally (every hour or so)..
- Remove the pork from the sauce, put it into the stove on a preheated plate..
- Put the sauce through a sieve, then reduce it in a skillet. Add the Crème Fraîche and shave in the butter. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Cut the pork into thin slices, add some sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes, vegetables..
- Success Factors: the pork roast should not be too fatty, think "center cut". Monitoring the temperature in your stove is crucial..
- Success Factors: the quality of your ingredients is crucial when doing LTC: buy that happy pork, that pure honey..