Croissants simple recipe🥐.
You can have Croissants simple recipe🥐 using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Croissants simple recipe🥐
- You need 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm milk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of margarine (optional 2 tbsp more for glazing;or use honey).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of warm water.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of instant yeast.
- You need of Some oil for greasing tray.
Croissants simple recipe🥐 instructions
- In a bowl, mix yeast with water stir for a minute. Let sit for 5min.
- In another bowl mix warm milk, sugar, salt and margarine and stir. Set aside.
- Once completely cooled add milk mixture to the yeast mixture and stir. Put flour and knead for about 10min and ensure dough doesn't stick to the sides of the bowl. Add more flour if necessary and then apply oil to the bowl. Cover with kitchen cloth let it sit for 2hrs.
- Punch in the risen dough to remove air and knead once more for airy light croissants. Divide the dough into two.
- Roll the dough into a big chapati 😁, apply oil on top of rolled dough and divide it into half, quarter, an eighth and lastly a twelveth (they will appear as pizza pieces or triangles).
- With each triangle at a time, roll it towards the centre beginning with the wider section. Tuck the small end of the croissant and lay it on greased baking tray. Do this for the remaining pieces and the same for the remaining dough. Let sit for another 1hr or more for it to rise.
- Bake on preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25min till golden brown..
- While still hot brush margarine on the croissants to obtain glossy crust. I enjoy mine while warm 😁.