The ChocoNut Donut Cake.
You can cook The ChocoNut Donut Cake using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The ChocoNut Donut Cake
- It’s 175 Grams of Butter Softened.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Milk Chocolate Swiss chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Macadamia nuts chopped.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Almonds white chopped.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Macadamia almond and grind to powder.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Essence.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Espresso.
- Prepare 2 of Oranges , juiced.
- Prepare 2 1/4 Cups of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/5 Cup of Red wine.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Icing Sugar for decoration.
The ChocoNut Donut Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Fahrenheit. Butter the cake tin. I used the one which gives the shape of a donut..
- In another bowl, beat the butter until soft. Add the brown sugar and the caster sugar to it and again beat it until you get a smooth texture. Add eggs one by one and beat the mixture until soft and fluffy. Add the grind nuts. Add vanilla essence and mix it and keep it aside..
- Sieve the Flour and Cocoa powder. In another bowl take the flour, to it add the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix all together. Divide the flour mix, into 3 equal portions.Use a wooden spoon or spatula for mixing..
- Add first portion of flour, stir it. Add orange juice. Mix it. Mixing should be done properly without forming any lumps. Add the second portion of flour, stir it. Add the espresso and mix it. Add the third portion of flour, stir it. Add the wine according to the consistency of the batter..
- Batter shouldn't be too light or too thick. Finally add the chopped nuts. Stir it.Note: If the batter is watery, the nuts will settle at the bottom. So try to maintain the consistency of the batter..
- Pour the batter to the cake tin. Place the tin in the middle rack for about 40 min in the oven at 180 deg Fahrenheit. After 40 – 45 min, pierce with a fork or skewer to see if any cake sticks onto to it. If nothing sticks, then the cake is ready..
- Take it out from oven. Leave it to cool on a wire rack. After it is cooled down, dust lightly the icing sugar on the top of the cake..