Fish, chips and grilled Plantain. These baked plantain chips are a healthy, homemade snack for when you're craving something salty and crunchy. After making plantain chips dozens of times I can tell you that a mandoline will make slicing your plantain a piece of cake. Of course you can use a knife, but a mandoline will keep your.
Plantain chips are eaten in so many Latin countries, but they're usually fried. However, baked plantain chips are much healthier and extremely tasty as well, especially with guacamole, but any other sauce will do. Strain and remove from the water. You can cook Fish, chips and grilled Plantain using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish, chips and grilled Plantain
- You need of Basil.
- It’s of Scotch bonnet.
- It’s of Chopped red onion.
- You need of Fish fillets.
- You need of Plantain 3 ripe.
- You need of Few Irish potato.
- Prepare Cube of seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
These homemade Baked Plantain Chips are crunchy, healthy, and delicious! Make this recipe once and you'll never buy them from the store again. Baked Plantain Chips – guilt-free plantain snacks that are thinly sliced and baked int the oven with a crispy texture. Every now and then it is tricky to make your much loved dishes healthy and nutritious without compromising the taste.
Fish, chips and grilled Plantain instructions
- Peel, cut, wash and strain potato. Dry using paper towel. Heat oil in wok. When hot, fry potato for 3 mins. Take out, increase heat of oil and fry for additional 2. Strain and sprinkle salt. Toss and set aside..
- Chop basil, onions, and pepper. Season fish with olive oil, salt, crushed seasoning rub. Rub in pepper, salt and basil and grill for 8 minutes..
- Score plantain, rub olive oil and salt, pepper, and basil and grill for 8 to 10 minutes..
The plantain looks like a banana, but it's treated differently in food. Learn how to cook the tropical fruit and why it's used more like a potato in recipes. A plantain to the untrained eye could easily be mistaken for a banana. In fact, it belongs to Musaceae, the banana family of plants, and it's closely. Light a charcoal grill or preheat a grill pan.