You can cook Simple Croissants using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Croissants
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of warm milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter/margarine.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 of egg.
Simple Croissants step by step
- Mix the warm water, milk, yeast and 2 tablespoons of sugar and let it form, for 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, the remaining sugar. Add the wet mixture knead to form a dough..
- Cover the dough with a samp kitchen towel and let it rest for 2 hours..
- After 2hrs, take the dough, knead it again then roll it out, apply the butter/margarine at the center the fold the dough into a square.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put it in the fridge for 1hour. Taken it out after, roll it out and fold it into a square as before, wrap it up and put it back in the fridge for another hour and repeat the process one more time. (This process is to ensure you get the buttered inner layers)..
- Take the dough, from the fridge after the final wrap, roll it out in a rectangle shape, about 1cm thick, the cut it into triangles.
- Take each triangle, make a cut at the bottom and roll it into the signature croissant shape..
- Beat the egg and apply the egg wash on the top. Preheat the oven then put them in for 15-20 mins at 180°..
- Let them cool and serve as you please..