Mutton (Lamb) Biryani – Chennai style. Dum Mutton Biryani Recipe: A hearty mutton biryani that will amaze your guests! Biryani is a dish that nobody can ever resist. Ingredients in Dum Mutton Biryani: This mutton biryani recipe has layers of mutton and saffron-milk infused rice cooked 'dum' style.
Thank u so much for the wonderful recipe. Among biryani varieties, you would find the famous Ambur Biryani, Chettinadu Biryani & Dum Biryani. The curry recipes include Kongu Style Curry, Chettinadu Style Kurma, Gongura Mutton Curry, Lamb Leg Curry, Lamb Liver Gravy, Aatu Moolai Varuval, Aatu Ratham Poriyal, Lamb Tripe. You can have Mutton (Lamb) Biryani – Chennai style using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mutton (Lamb) Biryani – Chennai style
- Prepare 1 of :1 Water ratio -.
- It’s 4 kg of Lamb.
- It’s 3 kg of Long Basmati Rice.
- It’s 1 litre of Refined Oil.
- You need 3 of Fresh / Dry Bay leaf.
- Prepare 5 of Long Cinnamon.
- It’s 12 of Cardamom.
- You need 10 of Cloves.
- You need 6 of Star/Anise.
- It’s 8-10 of Big Onion – (slice) depending on the size.
- It’s 9-12 of Green chillies – (slit).
- Prepare 11-14 of Tomato – (into 4 pieces each).
- It’s 500 gms of Curd.
- It’s 5-7 of Lemon – (depending on your taste preferences).
- Prepare 500 gms of Mint and Coriander.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ghee.
I made this mutton biryani last week and it turned out awesome and came close to the muslim style mutton biryani. Make delicious Mutton Biryani at home just like those at the best restaurants! Biryanis are of course rice dishes so it is important to find the best quality, aged basmati rice you can get your hands on. This is a Kacchi style biryani where the meat is first marinated and the placed raw in the bottom of.
Mutton (Lamb) Biryani – Chennai style step by step
- Add 1/2 padi water to a cooker with raw cleaned meat,1/2 of ginger garlic paste,chilli powder and salt as required for the meat to cook. Let it be on high flame for 3-4 whistles..
- Get a large pan. Pour in the Oil. Set it on medium flame. Once the oil heats up add in all spices and let it fry for a minute or two..
- Add Onions & Green chillies. Mix well.Let it fry for 5 mins. Onions have to turn slightly golden brown(not too brown)and transculant..
- Now add tomatoes and Stir. Close the pan with a lid. And lower the flame for 15 mins. Stir occasionally..
- Meanwhile wash and soak the rice for 20 mins..
- Add the leftover ginger garlic paste to the tomatoes and mix well.. Keep stirring often. We don't want ginger garlic paste to stick to the pan..
- Wait till it reaches a gravy consistency, Oil should ooze above gravy…
- Now add rest of the ingredients: M&C leaves,Curd,Lemon, Red chilli powder,Turmeric Powder. Mix thoughrouly..
- Strain water from the Cooked meat and save it for later use..
- Add only the cooked meat to the biriyani Gravy. Let the gravy simmer for a few minutes..
- Add 2 Padi water inclusive of left over mutton water to the gravy for 3 Kgs of rice(which is 2 Padi)..
- When the gravy comes to a boil, Strain the soaked rice and add it to the Gravy. Check salt and add per preference. Spray Ghee for Aroma.. Reduce flame from medium to low for 10 mins with the lid on..
- Put it on dum for 20 minutes by placing it on a hot tawa with low flame..
- Serve it piping hot with Onion and Cucumber Raita!!.
Lamb biryani, famously known as gosht ki biryani or dum biryani, is flavored lamb cooked in layers with rice, golden onions, saffron and clarified butter or Easy Recipe for Indian Biryani, lamb, mutton also called Gosht ki Biryani. Lamb Biryani is not an everyday dish. It's one I make when I want to. Mutton biryani (Madras style) is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Main. Find the complete instructions on Bawarchi.