Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies.
You can cook Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies
- It’s of the dough.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of – 2 sticks cold unsalted butter – cut in cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold sour cream.
- It’s of the filling.
- You need 2 cup of granny smith apples ( should be chopped no larger than the size of a corn kernel. I chopped mine real fine )..
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 8 of -store bought soft carmels -roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 large of flake salt.
- You need 1 of egg wash ( 1 egg , 1 Tbsp. water).
- You need 1 of crystal sanding sugar.
Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies step by step
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder. Add cubed butter to the bowl & use fingers to work the butter into the flour mixture is the constistency of wet sand.Stir in sour cream. ( the dough might be very wet) turn dough out on a well floured surface..
- Knead the dough a few times till it comes together. Add .more flour 1 teaspoon at a time only if it is to sticky. Roll the dough 8x 10 retangle . Dust with flour on both sides folding intoThirds. As folding a letter. Rotate dough 90º and roll again 8×10 folding into thirds. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes..
- MAKE FILLING: In a small bowl combine Apples , lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon.mix together. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 425º. Roll dough 14"x14" square. If dough is hard . Let warm up a little.Using a 3" cookie cutter or cup. Cut as many circles as possible. Reroll dough. Keep cutting till you run out of dough. I got enough for 11 pies..
- Spoon a small amount of filling in center of each leaving a border. Top with some chopped caramels. A pinch of salt. Crimp with a fork to seal edges. Brush each pie with egg wash. With a sharp knife cut a couple vents in the top. Sprinkle with sanding sugar..
- Bake pies 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven . Allow to cool a little before serving..