Plantain pottage and chips. I'm not sure where the recipe for plantain pottage originated, but this dish is common in Nigeria. From the use of ground crayfish as a seasoning to the use of palm oil, the recipe is very local and authentic. Although it is inexpensive to prepare, it is highly nutritious. hi guys pls can anyone help with the video of or teach how to make correct plantain and potato chips. pls help a jobless sister.
A pot of delicious plantain pottage. Unripe plantains or green plantains as some would call it have become a staple in my kitchen lately and for very Even more interesting is that there is a lot you can do with it – from grilling or roasting whole to making plantain chips or kpekere as we sometimes call it. After making plantain chips dozens of times I can tell you that a mandoline will make slicing your plantain a piece of cake. You can cook Plantain pottage and chips using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Plantain pottage and chips
- Prepare 6 of unripe plantain.
- Prepare 10 pcs of Irish potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of medium size of dry fish.
- It’s 3 handful of ugu leaves.
- Prepare 3 handful of spinach.
- Prepare 5-7 Pcs of pepper.
- You need 4 pcs of sweet pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 5 of seasoning cube.
- Prepare 1/2 of tspn of curry.
- You need 1/2 of tspn of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 of of ginger powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of south palm oil.
- It’s 2 of medium of onion.
- Prepare 3 of tblspn of crayfish.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
Of course you can use a knife, but a mandoline will keep your slice thickness perfectly consistent. This is important when it comes to baking time, so that all your chips cook evenly. Apart from chips, plantain can also be used for pottage, boiled and eaten with stew or rice, flour etc. Plantain contains fibre, which makes very healthy Plantain chips business is one of the easiest and comfortable businesses to venture into.
Plantain pottage and chips instructions
- Soak the dry fish in hot water to get soften and remove the bones and any yama yama inside..
- Wash and grate the peppers.
- Wash and slice the onions.
- Then your seasoning and spices in one place.
- Place the pot on fire and add palm oil,when its hot add onion sauté for 2mins….then add the grated peppers and fry for 5mins..then add in the crayfish,ginger and garlic powder stir it and add in the dry fish.stir it all and add 3cups of water stir cover it and bring to boil for 10-15min on a medium flame..
- After that mins, add in the dice plantain,salt and seasoning cubes stir it gently and cover it to cook for 20-25mins..
- After 20-25mins add in the washed ugu and stir it gently, cover it and give it 5mins…and then add in the washed spinach also stir all gently and give it 5mins to cook….
- And yes you have your delicious aromatical plantain pottage….
- For the potatoes, wash and peel it,slice it and fry in hot groundnut oil with little salt till slightly golden brown..
- And finally its here the plantain pottage and chips garnish with ketchup….enjoy.
Find plantain chips stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Baked Plantain Chips – guilt-free plantain snacks that are thinly sliced and baked int the oven with a crispy texture. Every now and then it is tricky to make your much loved dishes healthy and nutritious without compromising the taste. I always plan to make a big batch and keep at home so we can have a nice snack to grab and These plantain chips are so crispy, plantain-y and so addictive!