Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel Oreo Pie.
You can cook Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel Oreo Pie using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel Oreo Pie
- You need 1 packages of Oreo cookies.
- You need 16 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 12 oz of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel Oreo Pie step by step
- Finely crush Oreos using a food processor or blender, or by putting them all in a ziploc bag and a rolling pin. Mix crumbs with 8 tablespoons (one stick) of melted butter..
- Press into the bottom and sides of your pie pan (try to use a pie pan that is at least 1 and 1/4 in deep). Place in freezer for about 15 mins..
- Combine brown sugar with the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter (1 stick) in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly. After it begins to boil, continue cooking for 1 minute and then remove from heat. Whisk in slowly 1/4 cup of the heavy whopping cream and then let cool for 15-20 mins..
- Poor caramel mixture over the frozen Oreo crust. Return to freezer for approx 45 mins. (Want the caramel firm, but not frozen).
- In a saucepan bring the rest of the whipping cream to a simmer. Place chocolate chips in a separate bowl, then pour the cream over the chips. Let sit for a few minutes and then stir until a smooth, thick ganache forms..
- Pour chocolate over the chilled caramel layer, and refrigerate several hours (better if overnight).
- Garnish the top with a little sea salt if you'd like. :).