Almond Crusted Trout. Season trout with salt and pepper. A light coat of mustard is all it takes to keep the gluten-free almond flour on these trout fillets. Trout gets an extra-crispy crust from the almonds.
A light coat of mustard is all it takes to keep the gluten-free almond flour on these trout fillets. (We like the kind from Bob's Re. Dredge the trout in the almond meal, turning to coat; shake off any excess. Dip the trout into the egg; let the excess drip off, then gently Almond-crusted sustainably raised rainbow trout with chermoula. You can cook Almond Crusted Trout using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almond Crusted Trout
- It’s 2 of Trout Filets. Filets should be even in thickness, no more than 1.5 inches thick.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Roasted Almonds.
- It’s 2-3 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 2-4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
Finally coat trout fillet with finely grated almonds, salt and pepper. The crust, which doubles as an awesome stuffing, has a sweetness reminiscent of other The key is to cook it slowly at a low heat, to ensure that the crust doesn't burn and the fish doesn't dry out. How to Make Panko Almond Crusted Trout&Shrimp Bacon Hash. Open this photo in gallery Place trout on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Almond Crusted Trout step by step
- Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees.
- Cut Fish into 2 inch wide filets.
- Oil 8 Inch glass baking dish. Place filets and drizzle olive oil on top. Salt/pepper to taste. Easy on salt, heavy on pepper..
- Crush almonds in mortar and pestle. Add garlic and thyme and continue to crush until semi-fine. Add salt/pepper to taste..
- Spoon almond mixture on to filets liberally. You shouldn't see the fish below the almonds..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until fish is flaky. Rotate halfway through..
- Serve Immediately drizzling lemon on top..
Brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and evenly coat each fillet with almond. To make trout almondine, seasoned trout is lightly dredged in flour and seared in a pan with olive oil until browned on both sides, about six minutes. A sauce made up of butter, lemon juice, parsley. Share: Rate this Recipe Pulse until the almonds are very finely ground. This elegant version of French toast is ideal for special occasions.