Pistachio and cranberry biscotti. I also added even cups of dried cranberries and pistachios. I ALWAYS bake biscotti on parchment paper! These Italian biscotti cookies are loaded with pistachios and cranberries, twice baked.
Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti – crunchy and amazing biscotti loaded with cranberry and pistachio. Easy recipe that you can make at home this holiday season. Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti are wonderfully crisp and crunchy and they are dressed for the holidays with bright red dried cranberries and lovely green pistachio nuts. You can have Pistachio and cranberry biscotti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pistachio and cranberry biscotti
- Prepare 1 stick of margarine.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of flax egg ( 1 tsp flaxseed powder + 2 Tbsp water).
- It’s 1 of orange zest.
- You need 2 cups of AP flour +1/2 cup extra if needed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 of tea salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pistachio.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry cranberries.
- You need 1/2 tsp of tea orange essence or vanilla essence.
- It’s of Juice of one orange (1/2 cup).
These biscotti are lower in fat than most cookies as they do not contain butter which makes them a nice alternative to all the other rich. This tasty biscotti is studded with dried cranberries and crunchy pistachios. It's delicious with tea or coffee. —Diane Gruber, Sioux City, Iowa. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff).
Pistachio and cranberry biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking tray with parchment paper. Rub orange zest with sugar. Mix flax powder with warm water and keep it aside..
- In a large bowl cream the margarine,orange zested sugar unti light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add flax egg, orange essence and mix well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Now add this dry mix with wet mix. Use orange juice as required. Mix cranberry and pistachio and mix whole thing again. Make two logs 2 inches wide. Put them by keeping 3 inches distance in between..
- Bake them for 35 to 40 minutes. Bake until golden brown. Remove from oven and completely about 10 minutes. Now with sharp bread knife slice them about 1/2 inches thick. Now arrange them back in to baking sheet cut side facing down. Bake again for 15 minutes flipping them on other side in between. Remove from oven and wait until completely cool..
Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti is crunchy and perfect for dipping into coffee. Will pass on a tip I learned from the "King Arthur Flour" website on making biscotti: roll it out into a rectangle ON the parchment paper then use a pizza cutter to cut into biscotti "shape" to get nice. An easy and delicious recipe for classic biscotti: crispy, crunchy cookies with pistachios, hazelnuts, and dried cranberries. These cookies are perfect with a cup of tea or coffee during the cold winter months! Wrap them up and give as gifts, too!