Macadamia Butter Lettuce Salad. Butter lettuce is a type of lettuce that includes Bibb lettuce and Boston lettuce. It's known for loose, round-shaped heads of tender, sweet leaves and a mild flavor. All varieties of butterhead lettuces have smooth, loosely-coiled leaves that are often sold with the roots still attached to preserve freshness. "Butter lettuce"—or sometimes you'll see it mentioned by the full name "butterhead lettuce"—is a term that actually encompasses a few varieties of butter lettuce, including Boston lettuce and Bibb lettuce.
Fresh avocado and onions add cream and crunch to the. Add lettuce and avocado; toss gently. The Best Simple Lettuce Salad Recipes on Yummly You can have Macadamia Butter Lettuce Salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Macadamia Butter Lettuce Salad
- It’s 150 Grams of butter lettuce.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of macadamia nut oil.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of black currant vinegar.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of macadamia nut pieces.
- It’s 2 of basil leaves.
- You need 4 of mint leaves.
- It’s 5 of cherry tomatoes , large.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of white pepper.
This Butter Lettuce Salad is legit what my dreams are made of! This beauty of a Butter Lettuce Salad popped up in the Paella Party menu that I put together! It's the perfect simple salad to compliment bold flavors! Prairie Band Casino & Resort Executive Chef Robbi Jenkins features a new menu item for the Three Fires Steakhouse — the delightful Butter Lettuce Salad.
Macadamia Butter Lettuce Salad step by step
- Mix the macadamia nut oil, black currant vinegar, and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl..
- Mince or chiffonade the basil and mint leaves. Mix the leaves into the dressing bowl with the oil and vinegars..
- Wash the butter lettuce. Chop each leaf in half (down the stalk). Cut these pieces again into 2 inch slices (slicing orthogonal to the stalk). Place the cut lettuce into a large bowl..
- Chop macadamia nut pieces into small unevenly sized chunks..
- If the cherry tomatoes are large (golf ball size), cut them into quarters. Add the cut tomatoes to the lettuce..
- Spoon the dressing over the lettuce, mixing to coat thoroughly..
- Mix chopped macadamia nuts into the bowl..
- Salt and pepper to taste..
This macadamia nut butter is rich in mono-unsaturated fats, low in carbs and rich in nutrients. Macadamia nuts are not only tasty, but I made several batching of macadamia nut butter and I find I like the texture more when a little coconut oil is added and a scoop of date paste or raw honey. Butter lettuce is crisp and refreshing, the perfect foil for a parmesan-rich dressing. Although this salad is delicious on its own, the crispy tuiles take minutes to make and are well worth the effort. Arrange the avocado, pear slices, hazelnuts and cranberries around the lettuce.