Crispy squid with salted egg. I had the pleasure of dining at one of Sydney's most popular Roti Canai establishments on Friday. Mamak specialises in Malaysian cuisine, in particular its famed roti canai, which are freshly made on the spot and served on a silver-coloured platter with two curries. I would always order salted egg sotong or pork ribs.
Salt and Pepper Squid – This was one of my favorite dishes at Honto's, a restaurant that used to be in Atlanta. It's never been as good anywhere else. These prawns are crunchy, juicy, coated with oats, and crispy strips of egg floss. You can cook Crispy squid with salted egg using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy squid with salted egg
- Prepare 250 gr of squid (cut in ring shape).
- It’s 1 of salted egg (yoke only).
- You need 1/2 of lemon.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 cup of corn flour (maizena).
- Prepare pinch of baking powder.
- It’s 5 of garlic.
- Prepare 4 of red chili.
- Prepare of spring onion (chopped).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- It’s 5 tablespoon of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of butter or margarine.
The aroma of cooking butter prawns. Try this deliciously crispy squid served with a garlic dipping sauce. To make the squid Crispy squid in a light batter, tossed with spring onion chilli and salt. Clean the squid, remove the tentacles, bone (looks like a plastic rod) and any skin or membranes.
Crispy squid with salted egg step by step
- Marinade the chop squid with lemon, salt, pepper, sesame oil – 15 minutes.
- Prepare the corn flour, salt, pepper, baking powder.
- Smear the squid into flavoured corn flour, then fry in hot oil. Then set aside.
- Saute the chopped garlic & chili with butter or margarine.
- Pour the oyster sauce then spring onion in..
- Mix the salted egg (yoke) with water then pour onto the saute sauce until it bubbling.
- Fried squid in to the sauce..
Using only the white flesh cut along one side of each pouch and open out flat. To make the nori salt, turn on a gas burner. Scatter with the nori salt to taste and serve with. Excellent Salted Egg Yok Crispy Squid! My friends and family came to the restaurant and we were greeted by a friendly We ordered plenty of yummy food but the best one was salted egg Yok squid.