Platain Chips. These baked plantain chips are a healthy, homemade snack for when you're craving something salty and crunchy. Crispy, baked plantain chips with garlicky guacamole! Plantain Chips – Crispy, crunchy and addictive fried or baked plantain chips paired with sweet tango mango avocado salsa for a wonderful late night snack time or as appetizers!
Plantain chips are eaten in so many Latin countries, but they're usually fried. However, baked plantain chips are much healthier and extremely tasty as well, especially with guacamole, but any. Find plantain chips stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. You can cook Platain Chips using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Platain Chips
- It’s 1 of Plantain.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of Oil.
- You need 1 cup of or something with a flat bottom.
Line a big cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Nutritional Target Map for Plantain chips. This feature requires Flash player to be installed in your Footnotes for Plantain chips. Baked Plantain Chips – guilt-free plantain snacks that are thinly sliced and baked int the oven with Guilt free plantain chips, anyone?
Platain Chips step by step
- Pour the oil in a pan on medium high and wait for it to heat up..
- Peel the plantain and cut into slices, thick or thin. A traditional chip is very thin, but I personally prefer a ticker one so it's crunchy on the outside and sort in the middle..
- Place slices in heated oil, and cook each side for about a minute or two. You shouldn't brown them..
- Let them cool for a few minutes, but leave the oil on..
- Take a price of parchment or wax paper (to prevent sticking) and place a slice on it, then fold over. Use the cup and smash them flat..
- Place back in the oil and lightly brown them, two or three minutes on each side..
- Sprinkle salt on them while they are hot. Let cool..
Every now and then it is tricky to make your much loved dishes. A wide variety of plantain chips options are available to you How to Make Plantain Chips. The plantains you see in the store are usually green. When they are ripened, you can use them in a delicious, easy-to-make snack that is also a good source of iron. How long do plantain chips keep?