Fried Plantain Chips (homemade). So, how do you make plantain chips? First, you peel the plantains, then you slice them thinly and you deep fry to perfection. Tips for Making Homemade Plantain Chips.
Unripe Plantain Chips Recipe I am yet to come across a Nigerian who doesn't love plantain chips, where tastes vary is usually in Ripe (Sweet) Vs. I personally prefer unripe plantain chips. I recently decided to start making and storing my own chips, the resulting product is so yum, I had to share. You can have Fried Plantain Chips (homemade) using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Plantain Chips (homemade)
- It’s 2-4 of Green Plantains.
- Prepare of Sunflower Oil.
- It’s of Salt/Seasoning to taste (I used Himalayan Pink Salt).
These homemade plantain chips are so crispy and incredibly tasty! Also, they are so easy to make. Go into your kitchen and make some! Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world.
Fried Plantain Chips (homemade) instructions
- Heat oil in fryer.
- Peel and slice Plantains (you can do ribbons or coins).
- Toss in seasoning.
- Fry Plantains till a light golden brown.
- Empty into a bowl with paper towels lined out inside.
- Enjoy (if needed add more salt).
- *Seasoning can be whatever you want. I also used coconut sugar and cinnamon for a sweet batch**.
Some people prepare it to accompany every For excellent fried ripe plantains, you'll want to choose a plantain that has a dull yellow skin with patches of black or completely black—this indicates. These baked plantain chips are a healthy, homemade snack for when you're craving something salty and crunchy. They're naturally gluten-free and In terms of recipe development, that means you can bake it, fry it and mash it, just as you would a potato. Today, we're baking our plantain and making. Homemade Fried Plantain Chips and Hot Tea is a best snack-time combination.