Lamb and Split-chickpea Curry.
You can have Lamb and Split-chickpea Curry using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lamb and Split-chickpea Curry
- It’s of Split chickpeas (soak 3-4 hours).
- It’s of Lamb.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- Prepare of Mixed curry powder.
- It’s of Garlic and ginger1 tbsp each.
- It’s of Dalchini (cinnamon bark) powder1/4 and cardimond powder 1/4 tspn.
- Prepare of Panch phoron – an Indian 5-spice blend.
Lamb and Split-chickpea Curry step by step
- Soak split chickpeas for a few hours (around 3). Then boil in a little salt until slightly softened. Drain and leave to side..
- Chop 2 onions and add to a pot with 4tbsp of oil and 1tbsp salt..
- Add dalchini and cardimond powder, 1/2 tsp panch phoron and cook medium heat. Lid closed..
- When onions are softened and meat is cooked mostly through, add 2 tbsp on mixed curry powder, garlic and ginger. Let cook..
- Add the chickpeas to the pot. Check for salt and add if necessary. Mix and close lid. Let cook..
- Add boiling water – enough to just about cover the lentils.
- Let boil for about 6-8 minutes..