Croissants (Plain, Chocolate, Cheese, and Almonds). If a chocolate croissant is better than a plain one, and an almond croissant is better than a chocolate croissant (in my humble opinon), then a chocolate-almond croissant should be heaven in a mouthful. That's exactly what I was after when I started to study pastry: a precise creation that. I tried both the classic chocolate croissant and the chocolate almond croissant at Ceci Cela.
Sourdough Recipes Sourdough Bread Sticky Buns No Bake Treats Food Industry Croissants Sweet Treats Cooking Recipes Favorite Recipes. I know that chocolate croissants (or, more correctly, pain au chocolat) are the stars of most pastry cases. I will choose them over chocolate croissants every single time. You can cook Croissants (Plain, Chocolate, Cheese, and Almonds) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Croissants (Plain, Chocolate, Cheese, and Almonds)
- Prepare of Détrempe.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup (525 g) of flour (unbleached).
- It’s 1 cup (250 ml) of water, room temp.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (125 ml) of 2% milk, room temp.
- You need 5 tbsp (62 g) of white sugar.
- It’s 1 pkg of (8g, 2 1/4 tsp) dry instant yeast.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp (60 g) of unsalted butter, room temp.
- You need of Beurrage.
- You need 1 1/4 cup (285 g) of unsalted butter at room temp.
- You need 1 of egg whisked with 1 tbsp of water for brushing.
- It’s of Almond filling.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ground almond.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of soft butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
That sweet almond filling Plain croissants will get transformed with the help of sweet almond filling, a little extra butter, and a. Traditional croissant dough is a fun, but a time consuming process. Then add your favorite chocolate to the middle and roll up. Or if you want to experiment, try marzipan and sliced almonds for almond croissants, jam, or even ham and cheese.
Croissants (Plain, Chocolate, Cheese, and Almonds) step by step
- If you have a mixer, stir flour, water, milk, sugar and yeast on low speed. Then add the salt and butter and increase the speed one level up.. (You can do this process by hand as well, which I did).
- Shape the dough into a rectangle, cover with a kitchen towel and a plastic wrap. Let it set out for 2 hours then chill for at least 6 hours to ideally 10 hours..
- Shape the butter into an 8 inch square. Chill the butter, and take it out 20 mins before starting the folding step. Place the butter in the middle of the dough and fold from each corner side like forming an envelope. Then roll out the dough to a rectangle shape, fold the dough into thirds. Return that dough to the tray cover it with kitchen towel and plastic wrap and chill it for 8 hours..
- Repeat the rolling and folding 2 more times for at least 6-8 hours each chilled time. You should normally see the butter bubbling out..
- Get the dough out and cut it by half, roll out the dough to 16 by 12 inch. Cut the edges then cut the dough to your preference of plain or chocolate. Add your fillings roll. For the chocolate you do not need to cut in a triangle shape. Just straight will work..
- Proof for another 90 mins. Then brush the surface with your egg wash and bake for 15 mins on 190c (375) heat. Enjoy it after.
Learn about the number of calories and nutritional and diet information for Plain Croissant. From plain to ham and cheese, and even hojicha and salted caramel, here are the bakeries and cafes with the best French croissants in Singapore. It's all about the best selling almond croissant at Mother Dough Bakery. Soft and airy on the inside but crispy on the outside, these hide a sweet. Transcribed Image Text from this Question.